H4 to H1B Question

kalyan2985

Hi All,

Here is situation i'm in. Please help me out.

I'm on H1B and my new employer is willing to initiate my H1B transfer on June 15th. Mean while, my wife who is on H4 got a job offer from a company who is ready to do her H1B on June 1st. Once her H1B is approved, she would be working from October 1st till then she will be on H4. My question is, does her new H1B change of status would have any effect if i do my H1b transfer? Since my H1b is transfer is initiated after her change of Status from H4 to H1B is in process. Please clarify on this point.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Here is situation i'm in. Please help me out.

I'm on H1B and my new employer is willing to initiate my H1B transfer on June 15th. Mean while, my wife who is on H4 got a job offer from a company who is ready to do her H1B on June 1st. Once her H1B is approved, she would be working from October 1st till then she will be on H4. My question is, does her new H1B change of status would have any effect if i do my H1b transfer? Since my H1b is transfer is initiated after her change of Status from H4 to H1B is in process. Please clarify on this point.

Thanks.

I am also looking for same kind of employer who can initiate H1B for my wife who is H4. Could you please pass me the details of the employer who processed your wife H1B.

My question is, does her new H1B change of status would have any effect if i do my H1b transfer? Since my H1b is transfer is initiated after her change of Status from H4 to H1B is in process. Please clarify on this point.

Both are different stories. You are fine. Go ahead with your transfer.

But if your H1-B transfer is denied before Oct 1st and you are no longer in your current employer's payroll, you both go out of status. That means you need to quit the country and come back with new visas.

In case, If it is denied after Oct 1st, (I assume your wife's H1-B is applied with COS). Your wife will be in H1-B status from Oct 1st so you can apply for COS from H1 to H4 in case of denial.

I am just giving worst case scenarios. Good luck for you..

Archived