LCA Filed...got new job, what effect???

m_g

Hi all,

I hope someone can answer this question.

I started my current job around 3 months back and persuaded my employer to start the H1B process. After much deliberation they started the process 1 month back. In the meantime, I realised that I dont like my work and started looking for a new job. I got an offer for the new job and now came to know that my LCA for my current employer got approved. I have two questions:

1. The position I currently hold is not very valuable in market and I did not want any prospective employer to ask me why I was looking for a new position just 3months after starting in my current position. Also, the work I currently do would not have helped me much in presenting my skills for a potential new job. Hence, I did not include my current position of 3 months in my resume. Now that I have got an offer and I am planning to leave current job, I have one concern. Will there be an issue in the background check(employment verification process) since i did not include my current job of 3 months on my resume due to reasons above.(please note that I have included on my resume all the other positions i held before this current job)

2. Since I am planning to leave my current job, is there anything I need to do since the LCA for this job was approved, if I ask my current employer not to file H1B anymore since I am leaving them?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. The position I currently hold is not very valuable in market and I did not want any prospective employer to ask me why I was looking for a new position just 3months after starting in my current position. Also, the work I currently do would not have helped me much in presenting my skills for a potential new job. Hence, I did not include my current position of 3 months in my resume. Now that I have got an offer and I am planning to leave current job, I have one concern. Will there be an issue in the background check(employment verification process) since i did not include my current job of 3 months on my resume due to reasons above.(please note that I have included on my resume all the other positions i held before this current job)

=> I would suggest you write this on your resume. I was laid off from FT job in 2 months due to their business loss. I never got any problem in getting new jobs as I stated truth in interview. Seeing at gap in your employments they might ask you reasons and then lying is not good.

2. Since I am planning to leave my current job, is there anything I need to do since the LCA for this job was approved, if I ask my current employer not to file H1B anymore since I am leaving them?

=> You don't need to tell them anything. Just LCA approved doesn't mean that you are all set to go :) I would suggest wait until you H1b is approved. This can be done in 2-3 weeks by filing H1b in PP. Legally; employee can also pay for PP fees. Joining after H1b approval makes your life easier.

Archived