H1-B Stamping Hyderabad Consulate- Got White 221(g), May 14,2012

vbolla

I think questionnaire is for Name/TAL check.

Also, I cant imagine how you felt while waiting for 11months.. Was that a name check too or were you asked to submit any documents..?

Congratulations MdMujeeb

Guys-

Its been 5 weeks and still when I try to track my case status online , it still says Case number not identified, Did someone else go through the same situation, please let me know

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mujeeb - Thats wonderful news buddy. Im kind of disappointed with my case. I appeared on Apr 16th, its almost 2 months now. People who appeared after me in same situation got their visas approved. One thing I wanted to ask, what supporting documents did you email them when you responded to questionnaire. I just emailed them c.v. in.txt format. I diod not email any other documetns (like transcripts, offerletters, etc) coz they were not mandatory. Do you think could this be reason for the delay in processing? Please let me know what docs you submitted along with questionnaire. Thanks.

@Inbox55 - Just imagine buddy. 11 months of wait in 2010, and now again uncertain. I'm tired.

@vbolla - any updates on your end?

@mujeeb - Thats wonderful news buddy. Im kind of disappointed with my case. I appeared on Apr 16th, its almost 2 months now. People who appeared after me in same situation got their visas approved. One thing I wanted to ask, what supporting documents did you email them when you responded to questionnaire. I just emailed them c.v. in.txt format. I diod not email any other documetns (like transcripts, offerletters, etc) coz they were not mandatory. Do you think could this be reason for the delay in processing? Please let me know what docs you submitted along with questionnaire. Thanks.

@Inbox55 - Just imagine buddy. 11 months of wait in 2010, and now again uncertain. I'm tired.

@sambritish - Nopes buddy, infact after 5 weeks of my interview date still I am not able to track my case status online and it still says case number not identified , what do you think might be the issue ? hopefully we get our processing done faster ! Atleast hearing some good news from others is a postive sign and we will get it approved soon too !

@sambritish - Nopes buddy, infact after 5 weeks of my interview date still I am not able to track my case status online and it still says case number not identified , what do you think might be the issue ? hopefully we get our processing done faster ! Atleast hearing some good news from others is a postive sign and we will get it approved soon too !

Not sure buddy. But Ive seen cases where consulate updated the case status after some time. Just hoping +ve. and wait. What else can we do.

I dint send any transcripts either.. I am not sure if that was required.. The questionannire says " You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files."

How the heck are we supposed to know if they are needed or not... Hope its gets cleared soon for all of us who are waiting. I have my return flight in 2 days, looks liek I have to get it cancelled..

Most of the Questionnaire cases I have read about on this and a couple of other website have been cleared in a month.. Its really disapointing to hear that yours hasnt been cleared in 2 months.. Did you try sending an E-Mail to the consulate with your case number and "60 days elapsed" in your suject line..?

I dint send any transcripts either.. I am not sure if that was required.. The questionannire says " You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files."

How the heck are we supposed to know if they are needed or not... Hope its gets cleared soon for all of us who are waiting. I have my return flight in 2 days, looks liek I have to get it cancelled..

Most of the Questionnaire cases I have read about on this and a couple of other website have been cleared in a month.. Its really disapointing to hear that yours hasnt been cleared in 2 months.. Did you try sending an E-Mail to the consulate with your case number and "60 days elapsed" in your suject line..?

In my case , VO kept all the H1-B original docs and returned my passport and gave a white 221g and I never got any questionnaire or wasn't asked to submit additional documents .When i asked VO should I expect any such things he said it wasn't needed for my case , dont know what he meant ! Its been 5 weeks and the online status still doesn't identify my case number. Any similar case in this forum ? or any idea how much time it take approximately depending upon this years stats ?

Hi all.

My interview on May 24-VO gave me 221 (g) white form with Docs in e-mail to respond in e-mail. (Looks lke TAL)

Documents submitted may 28. Status says processing no date given..

Hope its gets through soon... My projects are concerning me. I am a direct employer, Full time since 4 years and over.

May be one more week or more.....

MIne will be 2 months on June 16th. I will wait until next Wed/Th, and then thinking of writing a letter to the senator, plus email consulate with 60 days elapsed notice. BTW, do you know which dept. is exactly responsible for the visa processing in 221g? is it USCIS? or DoS?

MIne will be 2 months on June 16th. I will wait until next Wed/Th, and then thinking of writing a letter to the senator, plus email consulate with 60 days elapsed notice. BTW, do you know which dept. is exactly responsible for the visa processing in 221g? is it USCIS? or DoS?

Its DOS as far as I know. Do you happen to know why its taking so long in your case..? How is it different from the others.. I just want to have a better perspective about this 221g thing.

In my case , VO kept all the H1-B original docs and returned my passport and gave a white 221g and I never got any questionnaire or wasn't asked to submit additional documents .When i asked VO should I expect any such things he said it wasn't needed for my case , dont know what he meant ! Its been 5 weeks and the online status still doesn't identify my case number. Any similar case in this forum ? or any idea how much time it take approximately depending upon this years stats ?

You mean you got the white form and what was checked on the form? If it was "Respond to email", then you should get an email asking to respond to questionnaire, and if you do not get it, you should email them back (hydcea) stating the same. If "administrative procesing" was checked, then I guess you just have to wait for their response.

Its DOS as far as I know. Do you happen to know why its taking so long in your case..? How is it different from the others.. I just want to have a better perspective about this 221g thing.

They say every case varies in its own perspective. I imagine mine is different admin processing only because I was asked to respond to questionnaire, unlike other admin processing where you just wait for their response. I guess no matter what it all falls under 221g.

You mean you got the white form and what was checked on the form? If it was "Respond to email", then you should get an email asking to respond to questionnaire, and if you do not get it, you should email them back (hydcea) stating the same. If "administrative procesing" was checked, then I guess you just have to wait for their response.

\

I got the white 221g form with "administrative processing" checked and I am worried since even in 6th week after my interview date, My case status says case number not identified.

Did you try calling VFS and informing them about your caseid..?

Yes I did, They asked me to email some details and my 221g scan copy and informed me they will contact the consulate and let me know about 2-3 weeks back , but still no response. They say you have to wait since your case is under administrative processing.

Guys - Unfortunately got connected to couple of guys who got the white form with respond to questionnaire situation...seems one is waiting since March 30, another one since Feb. I thought these kind of situations get processed within 2 months, but I guess I was wrong.

I am all together in a diff boat, no questionnaire, no additional docs asked, case number not identified on website.... Hope all our visa get approved fast !!

Hi My Case is

Visa Interview Date : Oct 13 2011

Model : EVC

Consulate : HYD

result : 221 g

REAFFIRMED : JANUARY 27 2012

CALL FOR REINTERVIEW : JUNE 15 2012

Result: 221 g with respond to email checked. Got a questionnaire and I responded. But at the time of interview I asked for my Passport back. VO said if you are travelling take back your passport and send to us via courier.

Today June 27 2012 I received email to submit my passport to VFS. I am in Dubai and submitting my passport via courier to VFS HYD.I dont know what is up next for me .

Thanks

Adil

@Adil-That was just 2 weeks for respond to questionnaire case. Im stuck for more than 2 months now, and still under processing. When you responded to questionnaire, what docs did you send along with it?

BTW, anyone know, Is this period counted in our H1B (6 years span)? I mean is this period, that we are waiting for our visas to be procesed, is this counted under H1B time period. Are we losing our days on H1B visa ? coz total we have 6 years of H1B and now with this kind of a wait for months, Im wondering if we losing our days on H1B?

Archived