H1-B Stamping Hyderabad Consulate- Got White 221(g), May 14,2012

vbolla

Hi Everyone-

I went for my H1 stamping in Hyderabad consulate on May 14, 2012 Inspite of lot of my friends warning me not to got to Hyd, and got 221(g) with additional admin process checked. The VO officer retained all my original H1 docs and gave back my passport.

The interview questions were mostly based on Employer-Employee relationship, I am working in a EVC model. I did my Masters in Industrial Engg, not sure if that was the reason he gave me a 221(g).

Anyone else recently faced similar situation, I am not sure how long this process might take and also when I try to track my case status online it says case we are not able to verify your case ID?

Anyone's advise or help in this regard would be very useful .

Thanks

Vishal

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone-

I went for my H1 stamping in Hyderabad consulate on May 14, 2012 Inspite of lot of my friends warning me not to got to Hyd, and got 221(g) with additional admin process checked. The VO officer retained all my original H1 docs and gave back my passport.

The interview questions were mostly based on Employer-Employee relationship, I am working in a EVC model. I did my Masters in Industrial Engg, not sure if that was the reason he gave me a 221(g).

Anyone else recently faced similar situation, I am not sure how long this process might take and also when I try to track my case status online it says case we are not able to verify your case ID?

Thanks

Vishal

All the consulate does now is say for 6 months your application is under administrative processing and in the meantime you will not know if it gets cleared or if you have to take up a job in india or file for new H1B. That's what happens to everyone on 221g. Not to discourage you, but in all probability it is a gone case. You should have listened to your friends. I did the same mistake last year and got screw*d. Wait for 6-8 weeks to see if it gets cleared. If not, look for other options now like new H1B or maybe look for a job in India. Not to discourage you, but please stop hoping for miracle that it may get stamped, looks to me that it is a gone case now.

Good luck!

Went through same situation in early Feb, but I was part of Direct Vendor (implementation partner). You will recieve a mail soon that your application will be sent for revocation. It's a huge process and very time consuming job. I would recommend, join any other company (new aplication and stamping) or start hunting for jobs at home. All the best.

What slip did you get? I appeared on April 16th, and was issued a white form with check mark on "Respond to email fo further actions". The email was to respond to a questionnaire that had basic general questions. My passport was kept by the VO and she said the sooner I respond to the questionnaire sooner thry'd process the visa. Its been a month now, still waiting. However, I was given a case number that shows pending processing. Mine is EC model.

Hi Everyone-

Thanks

Vishal

You should have listened to your friends warnings. Not to sound rude, but the chances of getting stamping are remote.

Vbolla,

Don't worry hopefully everything will be fine. Just be patient and enjoy your stay in Hyderabad. There is nothing that you can do until you are asked for docs or anything else.. Usually White slip is considered to be easiest and fasted one to be resolved.

I am an electrical engineer working in IT who got 221g blue @ Hyderabad and the case was cleared in 3 months after replying to questionnaire. Blue is the toughest one to clear. I am back in US now.

Don't loose hope, everything will be fine soon.

I am planning to wait for about 6-8 weeks and apply for a New H1 through same employer and go to Chennai for Stamping ! Will there be any issue if I apply for new H1 through same employer and also Can I go to Chennai then or else have to goto Hyd again ?

Vbolla,

Don't worry hopefully everything will be fine. Just be patient and enjoy your stay in Hyderabad. There is nothing that you can do until you are asked for docs or anything else.. Usually White slip is considered to be easiest and fasted one to be resolved.

I am an electrical engineer working in IT who got 221g blue @ Hyderabad and the case was cleared in 3 months after replying to questionnaire. Blue is the toughest one to clear. I am back in US now.

Thank you very much for a positive reply, that really helps and keeps guys like us hopeful !!

What slip did you get? I appeared on April 16th, and was issued a white form with check mark on "Respond to email fo further actions". The email was to respond to a questionnaire that had basic general questions. My passport was kept by the VO and she said the sooner I respond to the questionnaire sooner thry'd process the visa. Its been a month now, still waiting. However, I was given a case number that shows pending processing. Mine is EC model.

I was given a white slip with additional processing checked and no docs were asked and also he dint inform me of any email or questionnaire !

I am planning to wait for about 6-8 weeks and apply for a New H1 through same employer and go to Chennai for Stamping ! Will there be any issue if I apply for new H1 through same employer and also Can I go to Chennai then or else have to goto Hyd again ?

There is no issue in applying thru same company, but you need to present your case in a very strong manner, and if you make it this time, you may be really lucky. But i would count the odds against it

Vbolla,

Did u get the questionnaire after a few days or did they already inform you that you will be getting a questionnaire ? In my case VO dint ask or inform me of anything ?

@vbolla - The VO emailed me the questionnaire right away and when I came back home I got an email with the questionnaire. I responded it the same day. It was just basic general questions that you fill in DS 160. The VO kept my passport and said sooner you respond to questionnaire, sooner we'l process the visa. Its been amonth now. I'm hoping my visa gets approved within this month. Thanks for update on ure case. 3 months is not a bad time to wait. Atleast we might be back to U.S. Goodluck.

Did u get the questionnaire after a few days or did they already inform you that you will be getting a questionnaire ? In my case VO dint ask or inform me of anything ?

I was not sent Questionnaire till after 2 months from interview. the AAP started only after 1 week i submitted my questionnaire. and got it resolved in 3 months from submission of questionnnaire.

I have been following this forum for last 9 months and based on the experienced shared by the members who received white form ...Most of them got a reply within 30 to 45 days.

Okay, I got 221(g) white too around 7 months back. But I didn't see it resolving any time soon. There is no proper description for colour coding available in Internet. As per my knowledge, 221(g) pink is a bit easier one to resolve and 221(g) white is the hardest one to resolve. Rest all other fall in between.

Okay, I got 221(g) white too around 7 months back. But I didn't see it resolving any time soon. There is no proper description for colour coding available in Internet. As per my knowledge, 221(g) pink is a bit easier one to resolve and 221(g) white is the hardest one to resolve. Rest all other fall in between.

if thats the case , I know a person who got a pink slip at chennai last year july and it is still not resolved. Every scenario has exceptions.. may be you are one for White slip..... lets boost some confidence and patience of the members here instead of disheartening them.

Appreciate your help in doing that. I come back to this forum even though my case is resolved just becoz I know what I have been through and how it feels when stuck with 221g and I just want to help others by keeping their hopes alive and keeping up their confidence

if thats the case , I know a person who got a pink slip at chennai last year july and it is still not resolved. Every scenario has exceptions.. may be you are one for White slip..... lets boost some confidence and patience of the members here instead of disheartening them.

Appreciate your help in doing that. I come back to this forum even though my case is resolved just becoz I know what I have been through and how it feels when stuck with 221g and I just want to help others by keeping their hopes alive and keeping up their confidence

Thanks for the help !! It really keeps guys like us hopeful.. In my case I wasn't asked for any further docs and neither did I receive any email or questionnaire yet and was not informed by VO that I would be getting any such thing. So not sure how long this process might take. Any one else in here faced or in a similar situation ?

You are doing a very good thing by coming back and sharing your knowledge, I appreciate you for that. Many people will not do that as soon as their work is done they rarely come back. Usually they come back with some other problem for help

I also agree every scenario has exception. I don't mean to dishearten/demotivate any body here. I prefer to make them prepare for the worst case and hope for the best thing to happen.

I also suggest all consultants who are coming for visa interview in India, be prepared mentally & technically to look for a job in India as soon as you get a 221(g) no matter what colour coding it has. It helps not to put your career at risk as you never know how long 221(g) is going to take. Just waiting for the best thing to happen will not help.

You will see the events like the following after the Interview

1) Revocation letter from Consulate

2) Case sent back to USCIS

3) USCIS review & decision: reaffirmation/noir/rfe/denial etc

4) Again interview in Consulate if reafffirmed

Each step has no definite time. Actually I regret wasting 7 months of my career just hoping for the best thing to happen. Thats why I am sharing. Same may not be the case with everybody but still thought worth it to share.

@awaitingGC - Thanks buddy for keeping our hopes alive. People in this situation always want to hear good news. In my case, I was issued pink slip back in 2010 and I waited 11 months to get my visa. Unfortunately, I got this white form with respond to questionnaire this time. By looking at the responses on forum, Im hoping this time it wont take long, hopefully.

@Vbolla - Buddy, please keep us updated if you hear back anything on your case. Though its been 10 days since you appeared for visa interview. I appeared on April 16th, still waiting (with hopes).

Thanks for the help !! It really keeps guys like us hopeful.. In my case I wasn't asked for any further docs and neither did I receive any email or questionnaire yet and was not informed by VO that I would be getting any such thing. So not sure how long this process might take. Any one else in here faced or in a similar situation ?

i was given the blue 221g with advanced administrative processing marked and no docs asked. VO retained my original H1, I-129,employer docs and returned my passport. told if everything goes fine I will be asked to submit my passport . I received a mail to submit my passport after 2 months and 1 week from the date of interview which I did next day and after another 3 days received a questionnaire email. once i submitted questionnaire they started processing after 10 days..... it was thanksgiving long weekend so got delayed by atleast 4 days. they start processing and within 3 months of starting of processing gave me visa. Mine had to go through security clearance becoz of common name. hopefully it will be lot faster for you.

Our cases are quite similar except you got white and i got blue slip. yours is EVC model and mine was In- House project.

Keep tight everything will be fine. I know it is easy said than done but have patience. Hopefully everything will turn out good for you.

@awaitingGC - Thanks buddy for keeping our hopes alive. People in this situation always want to hear good news. In my case, I was issued pink slip back in 2010 and I waited 11 months to get my visa. Unfortunately, I got this white form with respond to questionnaire this time. By looking at the responses on forum, Im hoping this time it wont take long, hopefully.

@Vbolla - Buddy, please keep us updated if you hear back anything on your case. Though its been 10 days since you appeared for visa interview. I appeared on April 16th, still waiting (with hopes).

@Sambritish- Sure buddy, If i receive any kind of updates will post the same in the forum, looking from the Forums I am hoping our processing should be faster. Let's hope for the best

i was given the blue 221g with advanced administrative processing marked and no docs asked. VO retained my original H1, I-129,employer docs and returned my passport. told if everything goes fine I will be asked to submit my passport . I received a mail to submit my passport after 2 months and 1 week from the date of interview which I did next day and after another 3 days received a questionnaire email. once i submitted questionnaire they started processing after 10 days..... it was thanksgiving long weekend so got delayed by atleast 4 days. they start processing and within 3 months of starting of processing gave me visa. Mine had to go through security clearance becoz of common name. hopefully it will be lot faster for you.

Our cases are quite similar except you got white and i got blue slip. yours is EVC model and mine was In- House project.

Keep tight everything will be fine. I know it is easy said than done but have patience. Hopefully everything will turn out good for you.

Thanks a lot for the detailed information, It really helps. I have one more question, I am planning to apply for New H1 If I dont hear anything till 8 weeks through same employer and client and then go to Chennai Consulate. What do you think my chances would be then ?

You are doing a very good thing by coming back and sharing your knowledge, I appreciate you for that. Many people will not do that as soon as their work is done they rarely come back. Usually they come back with some other problem for help

I also agree every scenario has exception. I don't mean to dishearten/demotivate any body here. I prefer to make them prepare for the worst case and hope for the best thing to happen.

I also suggest all consultants who are coming for visa interview in India, be prepared mentally & technically to look for a job in India as soon as you get a 221(g) no matter what colour coding it has. It helps not to put your career at risk as you never know how long 221(g) is going to take. Just waiting for the best thing to happen will not help.

You will see the events like the following after the Interview

1) Revocation letter from Consulate

2) Case sent back to USCIS

3) USCIS review & decision: reaffirmation/noir/rfe/denial etc

4) Again interview in Consulate if reafffirmed

Each step has no definite time. Actually I regret wasting 7 months of my career just hoping for the best thing to happen. Thats why I am sharing. Same may not be the case with everybody but still thought worth it to share.

Hi,

You made very nice consolidation here. I'm also in a similar situation. Got 221g white @ Hyd consulate last Nov and with in 3 working days I got an email that my case is sending to USCIS for their review. So far no decision has been made on my case. Mine is an EVC model and the project ended in February. Not sure even if my case is reaffirmed, what docs do they ask in the interview. So working on a new petition now and planning to

Archived