All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joshig

H1B Stamping at Delhi Consulate

I am appearing for H1B stamping again at Delhi Consulate next week and this time in the EC model(my vendor) petition. Last time visa got refused when i was in EVC model in october 2011.

Guys, i'll appreciate if you keep posting your experience at Delhi Consultate.

Thanks

Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

I'm also in a similar situation. Waiting for my visa though. Can you please post your interview questions once you are done with it.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Gaurav,

I am in same boat. I took interview at delhi last year in feb 2011 under EVC Model. My visa was refused and sent to uscis for further review. Now, i am planning to go to delhi for visa stamping again on new petition that sponsor by same employer. Let me know if it's safe or should i go to different consulate.

Delhi consulate is doing well these days, good approval rate!!

Have all documents and faith in you.

Jo hoga, achcha hoga !!

All the best to all aspirants.

Best of Luck Guys.

H1B 5th year extension, I-140 approved. I had EC model with reputed client. I appeared Delhi US Embassy for Visa interview on July 2011 as Mumbai consulate was close for H1B at that time. I received 221G from Delhi US Embassy. After two months, I received visa refusal letter. My employer file new H1B petition with different client (EC model), I appeared in visa interview at Mumbai consulate on Dec 2011. Again I got 221G and this time reason was First time my visa got refused and they want to do review. At last I got my visa on ARP 2012.

"Thanks wiweq, did you get successful visa stamping at delhi..plz share your experience!!"

=> I had my successful H1b stamping in 2010. I was a FTE that time. No questions, last 2 months paystubs and congratulations.

"H1B 5th year extension, I-140 approved. I had EC model with reputed client. I appeared Delhi US Embassy for Visa interview on July 2011 as Mumbai consulate was close for H1B at that time. I received 221G from Delhi US Embassy. After two months, I received visa refusal letter. My employer file new H1B petition with different client (EC model), I appeared in visa interview at Mumbai consulate on Dec 2011. Again I got 221G and this time reason was First time my visa got refused and they want to do review. At last I got my visa on ARP 2012."

=> Client doesn't matter, it’s all about your employer.

I appeared for the interview today and got 221g green slip. The officer asked me to submit whatever documents I was carrying and kept everything like my passport, I-797, etc.. He said he will have to review the case and he will inform me as soon as he is done. i asked couple of times about the time frame and he cannot answer that.

The questions asked were..

1. Why are you going to US?

2. Which company you will going to work for now?

3.How do you know your current company?

4.How do you got hired?

5.How many interviews do you have before getting hired?

6.Have you ever been refused a VISA?

7. Which company was that?

8.Why did you changed your previous company?

9.What was your designation in last company/current co.?

10.Who will be your supervisor?

11. How do often you have performance review? - I told him this is a new employer so haven't done any performance review.

12. Who is your client manager? - He particularly got upset at this question since i said i don't have any client manger. I said i do not communicate directly with the client and work through my supervisor from my company. He was not ready to accept that and then i have to say a client manager name.

13. then he asked how long do u know her?

14. How often do you meet her?

15. Why do you meet her?

16. Why do you want to work for this client so badly?

There might be couple of questions which i have have missed.

Conclusively, I would say he was confused about I am going to work at the same client location and have just changed my employer. he was under the impression that i am client managed i tried to explain him the whole scenario couple of times I am not sure how far he understood?

I am not sure how long will it going to take just keeping my fingers crossed. Please share if anybody have experience how soon or how late it can take?