L1b be reactivated after H1b denial ?

nchhabria

I am applying for new H1b starting Oct 2012. I am on L1B visa currently, valid till August 2013 (its also stamped by consulate in India).

Here is a scenario:

if the H1B is approved before Oct 2012 and if I go to Canada or India in 1st week of Oct to get my stamping done and if the consulate denies my visa.

Here are my questions:

1. Will my L1b get reactivated, because now the COS is denied and am assuming L1B still holds ? and

2. Can I come back on L1B without any issues ?

3. If this is not a good option then please advise a better & safer approach.

Thanks!

1. Will my L1b get reactivated, because now the COS is denied and am assuming L1B still holds ?

=> If you fulfill L1b requirements, you can enter in USA using required documents for L1b and unexpired L1b visa.

2. Can I come back on L1B without any issues?

=> Yes.

3. If this is not a good option then please advise a better & safer approach.

=> Yes, this is a good option.

Thanks for your answers..

immigrationseeker, L1 & H1 employers are different. I am hoping it will get approved, but looking at the stringent process during stamping I am just being cautious and wanted to plan on worst case scenarios. Also why do you think that L1b visa will be cancelled ?

"Also why do you think that L1b visa will be cancelled ?"

=> If they find you not admissible in USA, and issue 221g; they have all the rights to cancel your existing visas to stop you entering in USA, until your case is completed.

Thanks for your answers..

immigrationseeker, L1 & H1 employers are different. I am hoping it will get approved, but looking at the stringent process during stamping I am just being cautious and wanted to plan on worst case scenarios. Also why do you think that L1b visa will be cancelled ?

Some times the consulate stamps "Cancelled with prejudice" before making a decision to reject the visa you are applying for and screw up things.

Archived