Labour along with H1B Filing

idk1983

Hi,

I am currently on L1 B VISA and my VISA expires on Sep 2013.

This is my second L1 B. In my first L1 B i was in US for 2.5 years. Then i was working from India for 9 months and got my new L1B.

I will reach my 5 years continuous stay in US without a break of an year by May 2013. (Without including my 9 months stay in India)

I have below questions:

1. If I apply for H1 now, will i get my H1 only till May 2014.

2. Also while applying for H1 B, should I produce the proof for my 9 months stay in India

3. I am planning to apply for H1 B through a new employer, will they have an option to file for my Labour along with my H1

4. Am i eligible to apply for GC under EB2 (I have total IT experience of 7+ years. I dont have Masters)

5. Please suggest the options I have to continue my stay past 5 years in US

Can someone please help with my below questions

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

1. If I apply for H1 now, will i get my H1 only till May 2014. - Most probably YES

2. Also while applying for H1 B, should I produce the proof for my 9 months stay in India - Only if there is a RFE

3. I am planning to apply for H1 B through a new employer, will they have an option to file for my Labour along with my H1 - GC Labour and H1 have no bearance with each other

4. Am i eligible to apply for GC under EB2 (I have total IT experience of 7+ years. I dont have Masters) - EB category depends on the Position not on your qualification

5. Please suggest the options I have to continue my stay past 5 years in US - If you get a valid H1, or may be I-485 filed some how.

Archived