Transferred to H1 from L1, Need clarification : Urgent...plz HELP

champakdebnath3

Hello,

I was working in L1B for company X. When I was working for company X, some other consultant company Y applied my H1B. They got the approval. Based on that I supposed to work for company Y starting from Oct 1, 2009, But that time I was in India. When I come back again in US in L1B, Company Y asked me to transfer to their approved H1B (valid from Oct 1, 2009 to Sep 30th, 2012). I left company X on April 13th 2012 and I join to company Y from April 14th 2012 to work for some client.

Now I'm not sure whether Company Y (my present employer) amended my H1B or not. Because for amendment they need end client letter and the letter from all levels in between (in my case between my end client and my employer I've two layers). I've given the end Client letter to my employer (company Y) on May 3rd, 2012.

How can I make sure that they have amended my H1B? As they have approved H1B for me, can I work for them before they amend my H1B using the end Client letter? Please help me out.

Thanks,

Champ

They don't have to amend H1b, but they have to do it in LCA, and they should legally provide a copy of LCA. If you don't get a copy of LCA, that's violation of the law by your employer. Complain to your state's DOL using form WH4 and also ICE. DOL will make your employer provide a copy of LCA to you and ICE will make sure that it’s not your fault and you have reported at time.

Thanks wiweq,

Thank you for your reply. But one thing I could not get, when they got H1B approval for me back on 2009, it came with old I-94. After 2009, I went back to India came again in US in L1B multiple times. Because of this, my I-94 got changed. Will they have to amend it with my new I-94?

In my new place I'm working here for last 1 month (after changing from L1b to H1b). I've not asked them, but they should have applied my LCA. Does LCA require end client letter?

Is any of these activity going to impact my future career here in US (like for GC approval or H1B transfer)?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Champ

Archived