Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can a L2 visa holder apply for EAD while in india?

Recommended Posts

Hello Murthy Firm/Friends,

My Husband is going on a L1 visa soon to US and I'm not in a position to move to US now but wanted to know that as a L2 visa holder, can I fill-up the Form I-765 under Category (a)(18)) and send my photographs + Copy of passport + L1 approval notice of my spouse through my husband so that he can then post it USCIS office there.

I will then wait for EAD to be sent (which I understand my take close to 90 days) so that I finish off my current work and then fly to US and started searching (I heard it is tough) immediately?

I have searched a lot and unable to conclude Yes/No because the Form I-765 asks for a copy of Form I-94 only if available so doesn't look like mandatory.

Any inputs in this regard is highly appreciated!



Share this post

Link to post

Hi OMShiv,

Thank you so much for the response. USCIS website says as an L2 visa holder, I need an EAD to work in US. Can you point me to a reference link where it says we don't need an EAD to work in US being a L2 visa holder?

BTW, I'm not trying any shortcut. I'm not in a position to leave India now so thought while I'm in India, can I get EAD processed.

Thanks againg for helping me in this regard!

Share this post

Link to post

Please let me know if EAD can be applied or not from India. I have a similar query about I-94 (if any) mentioned in I765 form. Also, is I-765 is the only form for EAD or is there any other form? Please reply asap.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now