Successful Stamping in ottawa Canada ..on friday april 27th 2012.

Parth

Hello Everyone,

As you can see from the heading, i had stamping in ottawa canada on Apr 27th 2012. It was a cold friday.

Let me give you little background about my self..

I am a FTE (Full time employee), i work for small I.T. company which is a consultancy and a Software config management service provided. I am working as management analyst in the SCM technology.I have completed my MBA from USA and i have under graduate degree in management from india and i also have a diploma in java enterprise.

So now we have seen my background .. will give you all imp information about stamping.

If you want to go for stamping in canada then you need to .. pay the visa on below link ..

https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

you need to register on the link provided above and pay the visa stamping fees and select the location.

then you need fill your ds-160 form.

(NOTE :BE VERY CAREFUL FILLING THS FORM IT HAS NEARLY 100 QUESTIONS ON THS FORM YOUR VISA DEPENDS)

Once you fill that form select the date for your stamping.. ottawa usually have dates available.

The Documents which i carried along with me were..

Company documents:

1. Company income tax return for 2 yrs .

2. Company brochures & articles.

3. Contract between your client or vendor (if you have work on client site)

4. CLient letter (if you working on client site)

5.Employment Verification letter (should have your job duties and the project your currently working on .. and also should mention that you will have job when you come back).

6. Wage reports (stating you name in it)

7. notarized wage report

Personal Documents:

1. W2 for 2 yrs or more.

2. Bank verification letter

3. Two pic 2x2 size

4. Bank statement for one yr.

5. pay stub for one yr.

6. All your h1b application documents (LCA,1-29) etc..

7.Offer letter & resume.

8. I797A and your I -94.

9. Pic of your office, office cube & colleagues.

10. All your Original mark sheet & certificates ( if studied in USA or India )

11. Print out of your DS-160 confirmation page, appointment letter & Fee receipt.

After collecting all the documents and finalizing the date , I started driving from IL on apr 26th through Detroit michigan.

At the canadian border please keep your I-94 in the passport..the canadian officer didn't take my I-94 it was surprising.

It took me 16 hours to reach ottawa canada, I stayed in CHIMO hotel .. it is a nice hotel.. and 7 km from embassy. If you book hotel please bid from price line .. you will get the hotel in 65 dollars plus tax.. the regular price is 109 plus tax ..

So on the day of interview, I dressed up very professionaly .. formals, tie and a blazer.. i would recommend pls dress nicely..

My appointment was at 10:30 am.. I reached embassy at 9:45 .. I got into the embassy did my security check and went inside. After I got inside the embassy there is a girl who checks your documents .. (pls Print your appointment letter, fee receipt and your DS-160 confirmation page or else you will be sent back). I had a printout so i was ok..

Then you will have to walk up to the counter in the interview area there they will take your I797A, Passport and client letter if you have any.. and then they will give you a number.

Ater sometime your number will be announced for finger prints . After finger prints you will be asked to sit again. Then again your number would be called for the interview.

The questions asked to me by Visa officer :

VO(Visa Officer) : What have you studied in USA.

Ans: Course and College name

VO: Where did you complete your under grads.

Ans: Country and university

'

VO: Do you work at a Client Site.

Ans: XX

VO: Who is your employer ..

Ans: Company Name

VO: again, he asked do you visit client site..

Ans:XX

Vo: What is your role in your company

then it seems his computer was very slow .. so he waiting for it to come up .. and till the time I thought of lighting the moment so i complimented on his tie and all .. just to kill the awkward silence.. (I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THAT :) )

Then after 4 minutes he said .. I am approving your VISA..

then he gave me set of instruction , on how to check status online for my passport pick from the Loomis location.

He did not ask me for even a single document.

I said thank you and left..

It takes 48 hours to get your passport .. I didn't receive email from the consulate neither my application shows that my passport is ready for pick up.. I just went to the Loomis location on monday (April 30th 2012) as my appointment was on friday (Apr 27th 2012).. without any information .. and fortunately they had received my passport 10 mins before my arrival..

I would just recommend pls practice your answers in front of mirror .. it really helps to calm your nerves down .. and b confident.

If you have free time .. pls visit the parliament hill and by market in ottawa fun place. to checkout

Hope ths helps .. pls comment below and will revert back as soon as i can ..

Thank you

Hello Everyone,

As you can see from the heading, i had stamping in ottawa canada on Apr 27th 2012. It was a cold friday.

Let me give you little background about my self..

I am a FTE (Full time employee), i work for small I.T. company which is a consultancy and a Software config management service provided. I am working as management analyst in the SCM technology.I have completed my MBA from USA and i have under graduate degree in management from india and i also have a diploma in java enterprise.

So now we have seen my background .. will give you all imp information about stamping.

If you want to go for stamping in canada then you need to .. pay the visa on below link ..

https://usvisa-info....country_welcome

you need to register on the link provided above and pay the visa stamping fees and select the location.

then you need fill your ds-160 form.

(NOTE :BE VERY CAREFUL FILLING THS FORM IT HAS NEARLY 100 QUESTIONS ON THS FORM YOUR VISA DEPENDS)

Once you fill that form select the date for your stamping.. ottawa usually have dates available.

The Documents which i carried along with me were..

Company documents:

1. Company income tax return for 2 yrs .

2. Company brochures & articles.

3. Contract between your client or vendor (if you have work on client site)

4. CLient letter (if you working on client site)

5.Employment Verification letter (should have your job duties and the project your currently working on .. and also should mention that you will have job when you come back).

6. Wage reports (stating you name in it)

7. notarized wage report

Personal Documents:

1. W2 for 2 yrs or more.

2. Bank verification letter

3. Two pic 2x2 size

4. Bank statement for one yr.

5. pay stub for one yr.

6. All your h1b application documents (LCA,1-29) etc..

7.Offer letter & resume.

8. I797A and your I -94.

9. Pic of your office, office cube & colleagues.

10. All your Original mark sheet & certificates ( if studied in USA or India )

11. Print out of your DS-160 confirmation page, appointment letter & Fee receipt.

After collecting all the documents and finalizing the date , I started driving from IL on apr 26th through Detroit michigan.

At the canadian border please keep your I-94 in the passport..the canadian officer didn't take my I-94 it was surprising.

It took me 16 hours to reach ottawa canada, I stayed in CHIMO hotel .. it is a nice hotel.. and 7 km from embassy. If you book hotel please bid from price line .. you will get the hotel in 65 dollars plus tax.. the regular price is 109 plus tax ..

So on the day of interview, I dressed up very professionaly .. formals, tie and a blazer.. i would recommend pls dress nicely..

My appointment was at 10:30 am.. I reached embassy at 9:45 .. I got into the embassy did my security check and went inside. After I got inside the embassy there is a girl who checks your documents .. (pls Print your appointment letter, fee receipt and your DS-160 confirmation page or else you will be sent back). I had a printout so i was ok..

Then you will have to walk up to the counter in the interview area there they will take your I797A, Passport and client letter if you have any.. and then they will give you a number.

Ater sometime your number will be announced for finger prints . After finger prints you will be asked to sit again. Then again your number would be called for the interview.

The questions asked to me by Visa officer :

VO(Visa Officer) : What have you studied in USA.

Ans: Course and College name

VO: Where did you complete your under grads.

Ans: Country and university

'

VO: Do you work at a Client Site.

VO: Who is your employer ..

Ans: Company Name

VO: again, he asked do you visit client site..

Ans:XX

Vo: What is your role in your company

then it seems his computer was very slow .. so he waiting for it to come up .. and till the time I thought of lighting the moment so i complimented on his tie and all .. just to kill the awkward silence.. (I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THAT :) )

Then after 4 minutes he said .. I am approving your VISA..

then he gave me set of instruction , on how to check status online for my passport pick from the Loomis location.

He did not ask me for even a single document.

I said thank you and left..

It takes 48 hours to get your passport .. I didn't receive email from the consulate neither my application shows that my passport is ready for pick up.. I just went to the Loomis location on monday (April 30th 2012) as my appointment was on friday (Apr 27th 2012).. without any information .. and fortunately they had received my passport 10 mins before my arrival..

I would just recommend pls practice your answers in front of mirror .. it really helps to calm your nerves down .. and b confident.

If you have free time .. pls visit the parliament hill and by market in ottawa fun place. to checkout

Hope ths helps .. pls comment below and will revert back as soon as i can ..

Thank you

H1. Thanx for sharing. Did you go for athe 1st TIME h1b STAMPING OR FOR AN EXTENSION OR RENEWAL?

Its a nice explanation and thanks for sharing.

I have a question on the fee reciept,. Are you referring to the fee receipt that says, transaction appears as CSC US MRV something like that.

Also, just out of curiousity, have you seen anyone successfully completing their stamping with I-797B instead of I-797A, in Ottawa.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

. (pls Print your appointment letter, fee receipt and your DS-160 confirmation page or else you will be sent back).

How do you get the print out of the fee receipt and appointment Letter? I just printed out pages from my account on usvisa-info website. Are you referring to the same thing?

What about fee receipt?

Archived