Status changed to Post decision activity after docs sent back to USCIS

longwait4it

Hi Guys,

Please let me know if any of you have gone through the same situation and what does it mean?

I have attended visa interview at Calcutta consulate on 14th Dec, 2011 for the first time H1b stamping. They rejected my Visa and sent all the docs back to USCIS for further review. No further docs were asked.

Now, on 16 th April, 2012, USCIS website status changed to post decision activity directly.

Any one has any idea, what's going on?

Hi,

The exact same situation has happened to me too.

My interview was on 3rd Jan 2012 in New Delhi, EVC model, got 221(g), submitted docs on 5th Jan and after that they did whatever the heck they do as a part of their investigation.

So on 22nd March I got an email from VFS that my case has been sent back to USCIS for reaffirmation. Interestingly when I checked the USCIS link, it mentioned that they had received a request from the State Deptt. on the 7th March itself for reviewing the case.

So now, I believe what is happening is that USCIS will conduct their own investigation into our cases. What they do as a part of that I have no idea, but I believe they go through the docs and stuff to ascertain the legitimacy of our petition. I have also found through my research that when the State Deptt. sends a case back to the USCIS for reaffirmation, they attach specific reason(s) for why they are requesting a review of a case. So depending on that, the review might be a long one or a very long one. Sorry to break this news to you buddy....but all of us are going through the same darn agony. Perhaps you'll b luckier.

FYI: I was also a 1st time stamper.....and please do share any development that might happen @ ur end....cause i need to know how long this might take.

And I also wanted to know how have to occupied urself during this time. I just want to know what are other folks doing that are in my situation. You seem to be the closest version of my case. Please do share, if you want to take this off-forum lemme know and I send u my email id.

Thanks

Hoping for the best for us all.

Hi,

The exact same situation has happened to me too.

My interview was on 3rd Jan 2012 in New Delhi, EVC model, got 221(g), submitted docs on 5th Jan and after that they did whatever the heck they do as a part of their investigation.

So on 22nd March I got an email from VFS that my case has been sent back to USCIS for reaffirmation. Interestingly when I checked the USCIS link, it mentioned that they had received a request from the State Deptt. on the 7th March itself for reviewing the case.

So now, I believe what is happening is that USCIS will conduct their own investigation into our cases. What they do as a part of that I have no idea, but I believe they go through the docs and stuff to ascertain the legitimacy of our petition. I have also found through my research that when the State Deptt. sends a case back to the USCIS for reaffirmation, they attach specific reason(s) for why they are requesting a review of a case. So depending on that, the review might be a long one or a very long one. Sorry to break this news to you buddy....but all of us are going through the same darn agony. Perhaps you'll b luckier.

FYI: I was also a 1st time stamper.....and please do share any development that might happen @ ur end....cause i need to know how long this might take.

And I also wanted to know how have to occupied urself during this time. I just want to know what are other folks doing that are in my situation. You seem to be the closest version of my case. Please do share, if you want to take this off-forum lemme know and I send u my email id.

Thanks

Hoping for the best for us all.

Thanks for the info....I am just counting days..

Will keep you posted on any development...(if any)

Archived