Employer name on visa different than on the petition

Shaunakonline

Hi,

- I am working for ABC company (Direct employment)

- My petition is filed by ABC (name on the approved I797 is "ABC")

- Couple months back XYZ was kind of merged into ABC.

I think below statement from my offer letter will make sense what I'm trying to say:

" On behalf of 'ABC', a wholly owned subsidiary of 'XYZ', I would like to offer you blah blah..."

Given above background:

My visa stamp says: PN: XYZ...

My I797 petition has a petitioner name: ABC

Is this a blunder or is expected ?

it would be the same. No that its printed differently - you have two options. This is just my opinion, your company attorney should be able to guide you more accurately.

1) Inform then VO and get it rectified, in the past another guy on this form faced a similar issue where is got it changed from the VO - just that this option will cause you time and added efforts.

2) Carry your visa & i797 along with that employer letter which explains the relation between 'ABC' and 'XYZ' and explain your situation at entry if they explicitly ask why there is a difference in company names on visa and i797.

Hi,

- I am working for ABC company (Direct employment)

- My petition is filed by ABC (name on the approved I797 is "ABC")

- Couple months back XYZ was kind of merged into ABC.

I think below statement from my offer letter will make sense what I'm trying to say:

" On behalf of 'ABC', a wholly owned subsidiary of 'XYZ', I would like to offer you blah blah..."

Given above background:

My visa stamp says: PN: XYZ...

My I797 petition has a petitioner name: ABC

Is this a blunder or is expected ?

I talked with my employer and It is an error from VFS/PIMS.

For some reason, the system is pulling the old information of the employer, which is before the new merger.

What should I do in order to fix this error ?

I have already emailed the issue with relevant photo copies to: infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com

But they said it will take 2-3 days to process the email.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Hi

I had a similar issue this past week,

Worked for susbsidiary of a parent company for 5 yrs (Direct)

Moved to the a new position for the parent company this year (Direct)

Renewed my H1b and went for stamping in toronto

The VO said everythin is fine in my documents but PIMS had a different petitioner (subsidiary's name) and I 797 had the parent company's name

waited around for 7 days and finally got the visa, but with the subsidiary's name as the petitioner instead of the parent company!!!!

consulated with the corporate laweyrs and came back to the us yesterday, with the visa, I 797 (with the correct petitioner name listed) and letter from the employer explaning the tie between the two companies

Got thru with no issues, no questions on empoyer at the POE

Now will have to follow up with the lawyers to correct my visa so that it matches with the I 797

Shaunakonline, let me know if you resolve this issue and I will do the same...

Thanks...

it would be the same. No that its printed differently - you have two options. This is just my opinion, your company attorney should be able to guide you more accurately.

1) Inform then VO and get it rectified, in the past another guy on this form faced a similar issue where is got it changed from the VO - just that this option will cause you time and added efforts.

2) Carry your visa & i797 along with that employer letter which explains the relation between 'ABC' and 'XYZ' and explain your situation at entry if they explicitly ask why there is a difference in company names on visa and i797.

hmaster,

I agree with your two options.

One of the guy at the counter said its ok to have different name but he sounded pretty unsure, I will visit the VFS visa correction facility again tommorrow.

I feel, It would be safe bet to get it corrected under Visa correction facility at Mumbai VFS

Hi

I had a similar issue this past week,

Worked for susbsidiary of a parent company for 5 yrs (Direct)

Moved to the a new position for the parent company this year (Direct)

Renewed my H1b and went for stamping in toronto

The VO said everythin is fine in my documents but PIMS had a different petitioner (subsidiary's name) and I 797 had the parent company's name

waited around for 7 days and finally got the visa, but with the subsidiary's name as the petitioner instead of the parent company!!!!

consulated with the corporate laweyrs and came back to the us yesterday, with the visa, I 797 (with the correct petitioner name listed) and letter from the employer explaning the tie between the two companies

Got thru with no issues, no questions on empoyer at the POE

Now will have to follow up with the lawyers to correct my visa so that it matches with the I 797

Shaunakonline, let me know if you resolve this issue and I will do the same...

Thanks...

rpdx,

Good to see someone in similar situation got through the Immigration point in USA.

I will check again with Visa correction facility and let you know!

Most probably I am going to do what you did, carry a letter from Company stating the changes.

I will keep posted!

Thanks guys

rpdx,

Good to see someone in similar situation got through the Immigration point in USA.

I will check again with Visa correction facility and let you know!

Most probably I am going to do what you did, carry a letter from Company stating the changes.

I will keep posted!

Thanks guys

I visited VFS office in Mumbai twice in a row... Explaining all the things and all the correction documents:

Cover letter, visa copy, I797, required documents from employer and visa correction fees....

These st*pid guys at VFS DONT know what they are doing!!!

A guy at visa correction counter says I dont need an employer name correction, After I asked him, if he was sure, he made me wait 2 hours and asked his boss and again and said no need for correction!

When I called the VFS helpdesk the very same day returning home, another guy said I have to go again and do the correction, my attorney in US send me letter mentioning the same thing.... I went again the very next day with all the documents and same guy sent me back home without accepting my request. When I mentioned that I was told by helpdesk person, he says I will need proof or email from him (WTF!!)... sent back home again....

I received a reply to my email from infousmumbai@blah blah after 3 days saying I need to do a visa correction.....

I so frustrated with all the travel, efforts and money I have to put in for these non-sense people....

Now I have to visit the office for the 3rd time, on Monday with the email!!!

Hi Shaunakonline,

Were you able to correct your visa with teh consulate?

No.

The frustration just continues with 4th visit to VFS office. They "VFS guys" have told me that they can not correct names in such cases and it should be OK. I will be traveling with the same visa to USA. please let me know if u decide to go for correction or have any updates on: shaunakonline at YahooDOT.com

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Archived