180 day requirement for I-140 from linked (EB3 - EB2) application

wisedog

Hello,

(I also posted this on I-140 forum but thought I should re-post in AOS forum as well...)

I have an old EB-3 application from my ex-employer from 2004. The I-140 (never revoked by ex-employer) on that was approved in 2007 and I am in "pending-AOS" status since then.

I started a new EB-2 application with my new employer in 2011 and upon approval of the new application's I-140, we plan to link the two old application to the new application, which in turn would make my application "current".

I read today that the EB-2 visa numbers for 2011 have run out (source:http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html), which implies I must wait until October 2012 before I get my Green card even if my application becomes "current" after the two applications are linked.

I am wondering:

a) whether I can move to a new "same or similar" job (to my EB-2 application) at another employer after my EB-2 I-140 application is approved?

b) whether the 180 I-140 day rule exists in the case of my new application?

c) what would happen in the hypothetical case should I move to a different employer immediately after my EB-2 I-140 is approved AND my current employer revokes my new I-140?

Many thanks

Please let me know, am also on similar boat, with eb3 to eb2 porting and have 140 approved in eb2, but it's very recent, wanted to check if i could change employer and my 485 was applied in 2007... would AC21 suffice or do i have to wait for 180 days...

Attorney's please confirm....

Please let me know, am also on similar boat, with eb3 to eb2 porting and have 140 approved in eb2, but it's very recent, wanted to check if i could change employer and my 485 was applied in 2007... would AC21 suffice or do i have to wait for 180 days...

Attorney's please confirm....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived