H1-B application on CPT

archie_k007

Hello,

I have an undergraduate degree from a US University in the field of Aviation.

Due to not being eligible for STEM extension, I had to apply for *** to maintain status.

Now, I am on CPT at *** studying MS Computer engineering.

I am trying to apply for H-1B and my attorney says that there are very few chances of getting the H-1B approved,

1. MS Degree Completion date is not before October 2012

2. CPT Expires on May 2nd. - (I am in the process of getting it renewed - this would be renewed for sure until August)

If I apply for H-1B through the Regular Cap, would I have chances of getting the H-1B or not ? Please let me know. I want to get out of this CPT/Courses/status situation asap.

Thanks.

*** is not accredited. And studying os not to "maintain status." It also is not about working. What you are doing is abuse of the F1.

And you can not use the *** "degree" for the H1, anyway. Only real degrees from real, accredited universities can be used.

You are only wasting your money on some worthless piece of paper.

Have you not heard about Tri-Valley University (TVU) and ****???

If you want to study, apply at a real, accredited university.

If you want to work, you would have to find an employer in the field of your real degree from an accredited university.

Geez, when will people learn???

Hello,

I have an undergraduate degree from a US University in the field of Aviation.

Due to not being eligible for STEM extension, I had to apply for *** to maintain status.

Now, I am on CPT at *** studying MS Computer engineering.

I am trying to apply for H-1B and my attorney says that there are very few chances of getting the H-1B approved,

1. MS Degree Completion date is not before October 2012

2. CPT Expires on May 2nd. - (I am in the process of getting it renewed - this would be renewed for sure until August)

If I apply for H-1B through the Regular Cap, would I have chances of getting the H-1B or not ? Please let me know. I want to get out of this CPT/Courses/status situation asap.

Thanks.

As long as you have a 4 yr bachelors degree from accredited university (in the field of you job), YOU ARE SUPERFINE. You might need to work on the job requirement with your company, something like for this job, bachelors or equivalent is required.

If the OP is "superfine" is anything but clear.

Working on CPT from an unaccredited educational institution is nowadays resulting in lots of problems.

The F1 is for studying, not for working. CPT is only for work as an integral part of an established curriculum, and not for "maintaining status."

Archived