Anyone applied for canadian visiting visa through mail??

desidesmoines

Hi there, did anyone of you guys applied for Canadian visiting visa through mail. I applied through mail and I see that the packet status as Delivered but didn't got any email from Canada consulate stating that they received my application.

Wondering how can we track the status of the application

I am bit concerned about it, since they has my original passport. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi there, did anyone of you guys applied for Canadian visiting visa through mail. I applied through mail and I see that the packet status as Delivered but didn't got any email from Canada consulate stating that they received my application.

I am bit concerned about it, since they has my original passport. Any help will be appreciated.

You will not be able to track it. They do not send a confirmation email even if they received it and are processing your application. One way to know is to check and see if they deposited your payment. If you sent a cashier's cheque, your bank can see if it was deposited. For money orders, USPS can verify the status (You will need to pay $5 i think and fill out some forms).

Typically takes about 2-3 weeks roundtrip to get your passport back. Just be patient.

I was in the same boat until yesterday. I got my Passport back yesterday with stamping in it. The Bad news for you is that there is no way that we can track your Passport after reaching the embassy. You got to wait for 30 days to hearback from them. You can try emailing to 're-detroit-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca', i am sure it wont be of much use.

Thanks

I was in the same boat until yesterday. I got my Passport back yesterday with stamping in it. The Bad news for you is that there is no way that we can track your Passport after reaching the embassy. You got to wait for 30 days to hearback from them. You can try emailing to 're-detroit-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca', i am sure it wont be of much use.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply naveen. I can guess it from the reply that you have applied at Detroit consulate just like me.

If you don't mind, can I know why did u applied for Canadian visa? Is it for visa stamping( just like me) or just for vacation?

Thanks for the reply naveen. I can guess it from the reply that you have applied at Detroit consulate just like me.

If you don't mind, can I know why did u applied for Canadian visa? Is it for visa stamping( just like me) or just for vacation?

I am visiting canada for my H1B extension stamping.

• 3 weeks later...

@desidesmoines

Did you get your passport back?

No...it's been just three weeks. I will wait for one more week and shoot an email if I won't get my pp back by end of next week. But I think everything is fine as I didn't got any email or postal mail saying that we need some extra documents.

How about you? When did you applied??

I did not apply yet. I am just checking whether to send it through mail or go in-person.

Dude, if you are planning to go to Detroit or buffalo Canadian embassy, then you can't go in person for visa. They stopped same day services at these two embassies. Check the consulate website before planning the visit

• 2 weeks later...

Did you send original I-797 with your application? or just photocopy of I-797? I'm planning to send my application to Washington DC office.

Archived