221G Status Message from VFS

H1b221Ghelp

Hello,

I have appeared for my h1b visa interview in Jan 2012 at chennai consulate and handed over 221G green form.

When i emailed vfs for my status update. Received following reply.

As per the US Consulate, Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

In the above reply "In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview" these lines looks new from my last status update replies from VFS.

Does this mean the consulate is trying to contact my client/ vendor? Mine is an EVVC model.

Did anyone received such status message from VFS?

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have appeared for my h1b visa interview in Jan 2012 at chennai consulate and handed over 221G green form.

When i emailed vfs for my status update. Received following reply.

As per the US Consulate, Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

In the above reply "In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview" these lines looks new from my last status update replies from VFS.

Does this mean the consulate is trying to contact my client/ vendor? Mine is an EVVC model.

Did anyone received such status message from VFS?

Thanks for your help.

No one know what the heck goes on in the background, it is a waste of time trying to analyze all that verbiage. It is all a game being played, and we are the players destined to be on the losing side

• 3 months later...

I too goet same message.

H1b Visa Interview : 15th NOv 2011 @ new Delhi

USCIS received Petition to reivew: 12th Dec 2011

Service Center : VSC

Employer Got NOIR : 10th May 2012

Employer Replied : 16th May 2012

H1b Reaffirmed as per USCIS site : 20th Jul 2012

Model : EVC

My h1b reffirmed and i attended second interview on 16th Aug 2012 @Delhi

VO kept passport & other supporting documents including Client Letter & Told that “i want to re-evaluate your case and let you know ASAP”

After following up with VFS, i got follwing message on 6th Sep 2012

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Embassy, they do not require any documents and your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

Archived