Travel on Advance Parole

sharmav

My PD is June 2007. I485 Applied in october and receipt date is Nov 17 2011. Advance Parole approved. I also have H1B but not stamped on passport. As I have H1B valid till Feb2013 my lawyer did not suggest for applying for EAD.

My question is If I can travel outside the country and re enter on AP, can I still continue my job on HIB?

Please advise

Hi Immigrationseeker,

Are you sure...what you are saying...is it 100%?

Come on Murthy attorney's...he /she is saying correct? Please confirm this....otherwise everyone thinks, its true.

I'm not blaming or hurting anyone...but i heard like if come back using AP, you will be paroled until valid AP, but H1 still valid.

I'm sorry if anyone hurts.

• 2 weeks later...

My PD is June 2007. I485 Applied in october and receipt date is Nov 17 2011. Advance Parole approved. I also have H1B but not stamped on passport. As I have H1B valid till Feb2013 my lawyer did not suggest for applying for EAD.

My question is If I can travel outside the country and re enter on AP, can I still continue my job on HIB?

Please advise

When you use your AP to enter into the country, you will be under 'Parolee' status, not H1B. If you want to work using your H1B, you have to file an ammendment. And rememeber that you have to be with your employer who filed your green card.

Coming to the EAD part, i am not exactly sure what your status will be as you did not apply for EAD. You should have applied for one. You should have done your homework rather than depending on your attorney's advise. There is no additional fee for that and it would not hurt. And it would have certainly helped in your present situation.

Archived