Company getting aquired-I-485 Pending

sridhar171

My I-485 is pending (receipt date: Nov 25, 2011). I got my EAD on Jan 10, 2012. However, at this time my company is being bought by another large company and the aquisition will complete in 2 months from now.

Nothing was promised to the employees as far as the job security is concerned 2 months from now, although the new company has made a statement that it will pay 2 months of bonus should the employee decides to stay with them for 6 months. This period will be used by them as an assessment period of each employee (However, anything can happen during this 6 month period- there is lot of uncertainty at this time and no promises made regarding job security during this period).

Given this back ground, please let me know the following

1) In the event, I get laid off after two months by the new company, what happens to my green card process (assuming I do not get GC by then)? Will I have to start over again?

2) In the event, the new company keeps me for another 6 months, but I do not get my GC until that period, what happens?

3) If I find a job in the interim, can I join the new employer? How does that affect my green card process

I really appreciate your responses and any advice that you may have for me at this critical time.

Archived