I-765 application for employment authorization approved

nr2006

It took 75 days from the date of electronic submission to get the status changed to Card Production ordered.

This site and other sites have been helpful to calm our nerves and to take extra steps until the approval (Calling National Service Center, Infopass, Writing to senator etc.)

I am not sure which one worked , but we are glad we have the approval.

-nr2006

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My case (I-765) is pending in the USCIS office more than 120 days. Last 30 days, due to my current EAD card expiration on (Oct 14 2010), I am not able to go my work without the EAD. It put me in severe financial loss and work related loss. I am living in Santa Clara, CA 95051. I am struggling to pay my bills and home rent etc.

I have visited the local USCIS office with info pass appointment on Oct 21 2010. The officer advised that my case is approved on Oct 14 2010 and sent it to the Texas USCIS office for EAD card production. Texas office received on Oct 19 2010.

1) Applied for EAD renewal - 21 June 2010

2) Contacted INS on - 22 Sep 2010 ( 3 month processing time and i did not receive my card )

3) Visited Infopass - 27 Sep 2010

4) Called Customer Services - million times since 22 Sep 2010

5) On 4 OCT 2010 received and RFE that they need new pictures of mine.

6) On 12 OCT 2010 Status one shows "Card Sent for production" - wait 30 days before contacting again !!

7) Contacted customer service in 25 days - Response wait 5 more days

8) Went to Infopass pn 16-Nov-2010 - Met the same lady and she was surprised to know that i had not received my Card !! So she called the district office (not sure which one ) . Confirmed to me that the EAD was approved and later told me that process center has sent the card for printing however LOOKS LIKE PRINTING PLACE WHCIH IS SOMEWHERE ELSE IS "OUT OF CARDS" - Looking at my expression when she said that she said she has never heard of this before.

Well I guess economy has struck INS paper department but I thought we paid for this stuff so wonder what the hold up is !! ITs not bad enough that EB3 is back dated to JAN 02 this has to happen as well

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Quick Update on my case, Just saw the approval for EAD cards, and ordered for production.

We sent the cards to USCIS: 9/8/2010

Received by USCIS:9/10/2010

Reciept notice: 10/12/2010

Card ordered for production:11/30/2010

Hopefully we willget them soon:)

I also checked other files, (+10 and -10 nos., and none is approved yet)

Also,our AP is still showing as Initial review, ANything to worry about, since I have plans to travel, will I get it too in next 2 weeks or so??

Thanks for all your inputs guys and this forum has really helped in easing the anxiety..

God Forbid with this whole GC process.

Wish you all good lick wth your process...

Members need your advice again,

I need to travel to India, since one of my family member is really sick(almost on death bed)and I want to meet him ,before he leaves the world, but my AP is not approved yet(EAD shows to be approved online),I asked my husband to check if we can get infopass and get AP for myself sooner,but he says, he wont support this idea, unless I want to go ahead and do on my own.I am totaly unfamiliar with all these processes, with no info.

Any advice what should I do? Should I reasearch how can I get infopass, and go for it, or just sit and wait??

Radhika, Just get a letter from the hospital from India showing your emergency. Attached the letter with your AP application or send it to USCIS with all your details of previously applied AP. Also attached one letter with "request for expedite AP application". You will get your AP within a week time. I have been in such condition and I got my AP within a week (from Post to get it back). You can google the process to expedite the application. Its easy and USCIS is kind enough if case is genuine.

GV007,

We sent appliactiosn on 09/8/2010, tracking receipt showed received by USCIS on 9/10/2010

Online approval on 11/30/2010, waiting for cards now.

Hope you too receive yours soon.

GV007, thanks for the advice,but spouse is reluctant to go that way, it proves the male dominated society..

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I sent a I765 (L2 EAD) application on 10/05. It was recived on 10/07. From there , status is showing initial review as of today.

I have taken infopass appointment tomorrow 01/11.

What kind of questions they will ask?

If anyone had experience with infopass process?

And, Please let me know what would be the reason, it may delay the process.

Your help greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Krishna.

Hi, my application receive date is 9/20 and I have not received any response as of now.

I filed it under L1-dependent category(L2).

on 12/23 USCIS rep raised a service request when I called and did not given me the option to raise an expedite request. Yesterday, when I called, I was given an option to raise expedite request, which I did.

In how many days can I expect a reponse to this expedite request?

what is preferable?- to wait for few more days for expedite response or to take an infopass?

ganeshk09 - It will be great help If you could share you infopass experience/status of your application.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It is simple way to get an appointment but it is all depends on location where you are.

Today i went to USCIS feild office and met the officer and explained the situation. He has raised Service request on behalf of me and mentioned target date 01/16 for update from service center.

Hopefully, I will hear something in next 5 days..

I will update here once i get it.

Thanks,

Krishna

Archived