Is GC processing based on country of Birth?

I was born in Bhutan but has an Indian citizenship. My GC was filed in 2006 May in EB3. Today I came to know from one of the friends that GC processing is based on the country of Birth and not on the Citizenship or Passport held Is it true? If so, can I do something about it? What are the steps that I can take to expedite the process.

Priority Date: May 2006

Thanks for the prompt response. Actually I was asking this because I heard that GC processing is faster for the smaller countries than the larger countries. Not sure if it is true?

Seeing the processing for EB3, it looks like I will get my GC not earlier than 2015. Though, my company could have easily filed my case in EB2 (seeing, I have double masters and more than 10 years of work experience).

Thanks for the response. I guess in that case I too fall in ROW (Bhutan country of birth). I would appreciate if you can guide me how can I avail this quota.. or it is automatically taken care by uscis?

I checked the dates here http:***************** and found that EB3 dates have moved 21 days in March 2012 and shows March 15 2006 as the priority date for ROW. As compared to Aug 22, 2002 for India. Based on my country of birth (Bhutan) I will be getting some update soon as my priority date is May 2006 that is nearing ROW date? Do I need to do anything at this time?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived