Urgent: H1B Visa Stamping: DS-160 Form Mistake: Interview 9th Apr 2012

vikasgupta79

Hi -

I have applied for H1B - Visa stamping at Mumbai, India consulate & my interview date is 9th Apr 2012.

I am not sure but, I think I mistakenly entered wrong "Application Number/Petition number" for H1B in DS-160 online form.

I had approved & valid H1B petition (Original Petition) for different state in US which I got amended (New Amended Petition) due to change in my state of employment in US & change in nature of responsibilities. While filling DS-160 form I have entered "Original Petition" receipt number instead of "New Amended Petition" receipt number. I am not sure if its mistake or not.

Questions:

1. Is it mistake to enter "Original Petition" receipt number instead of "New Amended Petition" receipt number, even thou both petition validity dates are same?

2. What are my options?

I request you to please help & provide your guidance in this respect.

Thanks, Vikas

• 4 months later...

Hi Vikas,

I read about your case and I am also in a similar situation right now. I have taken the visa interview date at Delhi counsulate with my original I-797 approval number and I also have the ammended I-797 approval letter now, which has a different number. Since I took the appointment based on the original i-797, i m not sure what to do now. Should I just go ahead for the interview assuming new i-797 is connected to the old one or cancel my interview and take a new appointment.

I wanted to know what was your experience and what did you do in your situation. You propmt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Gupta19

Can you please share your experience in what did you do since you had the original i-797 receipt # in your DS-160. Did you go ahead for the interview and took your new ammended i-797 with you or you took a new interview date and corrected your DS-160?

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Gupta19

• 3 years later...

Archived