What happens if I change my visa status?

immigrationh8r

So my GC had been filed under EB3 (Jul 07) and I485 filed with an active EAD. I am still on H1 B visa. I have a MS degree from a univ here and have about 6 years of work exp. I am planning to pursue a Full time MBA program but would like to know if that matters to my existing GC application. If I enroll as a full time student, I would require to change my visa status from H1 to F1. Thanks for all your responses

I am sorry, I have not been able to log on to the forum since my last post here. Anywhoo...let me try and analyze your comment:

> So per your comment, I cannot change my status (presently H1B) to F1. But what happens when I leave my current sponsoring company to join a college? I am sure he is obligated to cancel my H1B visa. Does it mean that, my status then will be AOS?

"But what happens when I leave my current sponsoring company to join a college? I am sure he is obligated to cancel my H1B visa. Does it mean that, my status then will be AOS?"

AOS is techinically not a status. It is ADJUSTMENT of status, so you are in between. It does not make you illegal or deprtable, though.

Archived