H1b Hyd - Document verification- No 221g- Feb 21st

letmesee

Hi all,

I have attended my h1b visa interview on Feb 21st 2012 in Hyderabad. The VO asked me about an year old legal case for which I have provided all the documents. He said he would need to verify the docs and get back to me 'very soon'. He did not give me any 221g letter or any receipt where I can track my case status.

It's been more than 6 weeks now and still no response from the consulate. I have also sent further documentation relating to the same in between but of no use.

Do all cases with pending visa result get a 221g ? Have any of you guys encountered visa pending with no 221g ? Please let me know.

Can I attend another h1b visa interview while the current case is pending ?

I'm a full time employee with a mid size american company with a Masters degree in US and 5+ years work exp with the same company.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have attended my h1b visa interview on Feb 21st 2012 in Hyderabad. The VO asked me about an year old legal case for which I have provided all the documents. He said he would need to verify the docs and get back to me 'very soon'. He did not give me any 221g letter or any receipt where I can track my case status.

It's been more than 6 weeks now and still no response from the consulate. I have also sent further documentation relating to the same in between but of no use.

Do all cases with pending visa result get a 221g ? Have any of you guys encountered visa pending with no 221g ? Please let me know.

Can I attend another h1b visa interview while the current case is pending ?

I'm a full time employee with a mid size american company with a Masters degree in US and 5+ years work exp with the same company.

Thanks

did u call them?wht did they say

did u call them?wht did they say

I called the vfs number. They keep saying that it is under administrative processing. Is there any direct helpline number that I can call or email ? It's now into 8th week. Any idea how long the wait time for hold cases at hyd consulate ?

You mentioned about legal case? What was that? DUI or some other criminal charge? Did you mention that in your DS 160?

It's a false criminal charge for which I was never arrested. The case has been totally settled more than 2 yrs back. I haven't mentioned it on DS-160 form since I was never arrested.

It's been about 8 weeks now from my interview. I'm planning on going for a second interview. Is that a good idea ? When I called VFS they told me that I have to withdraw my current application before going for the 2nd interview. If I go for the 2nd interview, would all the processing that has been done for the last 8 weeks go in vain ? Confused here.. please comment

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

On April 27th my wife and I appeared for the H1-B visa. I work as a full time employee and my wife works as a contrator for a different company. I got my visa with only 1 question asked but for my wife the interview went for about 30 mins. At the end the VO said that they need to verify few things and need to send the documents for verification. We have not been given any timeline or any sort of communication, no slip nothing. We emailed the VFS center in Hyderabad, they just forwarded the email to US consulate we did not hear back anything yet. Can you please update if there is any progress on your end and did you get in touch with anyone in the US consulate?

Thanks

V

Archived