H1B stamping from London

l1_to_h1_new

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, was waiting for the passports to arrive.

Here is my experience at London Consulate:

After the security check, got a token number and had to wait for 10 mins.

My number was announced, this is the first interaction within the officer. Here they took the passports, petition and finger prints. After this the office asked me to wait for the actual interview and the number will be called out. The lady gave me a courier document to be filled during the wait time.

Then I got the next call for my number.

Went to the lady officer.

Officer: Good Morning (She greeted us, me and my wife)

Me: Good Morning, how are you doing.

Officer; Great....I will take you through your interview process. First let me re validate your finger prints.

Our finger prints were re validated.

Officer: so what do you for this XXX company and what is role.

Me: I explained her the roles and responsibilities on the internal project (Typical Software developer roles and resp)

Officer: Good, so how many yrs of IT experience you have (I could not clear hear her...so asked her again...well i did this couple of time as the voice was not very clear)

Me: XXX years.

Officer; To my wife, are you accompanying him.

My Wife: Yes.

Officer: Good, she turned to me and asked what do you do for the current employer.

Me: Explained what I do

Officer: Verified...all our passports.

Officer: Smiled and said....I am approving your visa. Please go to courier desk and hand over the sheet which u got at the first counter.

We both: Smiled and relaxed....Thank you...Have a great day.

It was not a bad as we anticipated after reading the forum. And luckily it went through easily for us. (Me, my wife & 1 and half yr kid).

Yes, each case differs, mine I believe was a favorable because of a valid L1 visa. Its all purely luck i believe. So best wishes for others.

Got the passports after 7 days (4 business days), it was a long weekend.

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply, was waiting for the passports to arrive.

Here is my experience at London Consulate:

After the security check, got a token number and had to wait for 10 mins.

My number was announced, this is the first interaction within the officer. Here they took the passports, petition and finger prints. After this the office asked me to wait for the actual interview and the number will be called out. The lady gave me a courier document to be filled during the wait time.

Then I got the next call for my number.

Went to the lady officer.

Officer: Good Morning (She greeted us, me and my wife)

Me: Good Morning, how are you doing.

Officer; Great....I will take you through your interview process. First let me re validate your finger prints.

Our finger prints were re validated.

Officer: so what do you for this XXX company and what is role.

Me: I explained her the roles and responsibilities on the internal project (Typical Software developer roles and resp)

Officer: Good, so how many yrs of IT experience you have (I could not clear hear her...so asked her again...well i did this couple of time as the voice was not very clear)

Me: XXX years.

Officer; To my wife, are you accompanying him.

My Wife: Yes.

Officer: Good, she turned to me and asked what do you do for the current employer.

Me: Explained what I do

Officer: Verified...all our passports.

Officer: Smiled and said....I am approving your visa. Please go to courier desk and hand over the sheet which u got at the first counter.

We both: Smiled and relaxed....Thank you...Have a great day.

It was not a bad as we anticipated after reading the forum. And luckily it went through easily for us. (Me, my wife & 1 and half yr kid).

Yes, each case differs, mine I believe was a favorable because of a valid L1 visa. Its all purely luck i believe. So best wishes for others.

Got the passports after 7 days (4 business days), it was a long weekend.

congrats l1_h1_new , really you are very lucky, more over i believe L1 stamping is an advantage for you as you have already been to usa,any way all the best

Hi Connect2getH1,

What did you write in the e-mail? also when was your interview?

Hi shikha, any update in your case, did u find batch number in the admin processing window now, i have been waiting since 2 months cant find batch number, no reply to my email till now, really ridiculous, no reponse, should see whats going to happen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived