H-1B Processing time for New application (FY: 2013)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting this thread...This will be a nice thread to track new H-1B applications...Just read an update on Murhty's homepage that 23K applications were already received by April 4th, 2012....Boy, are they filling fast this year.

New Application - F-1 to H-1B

Applied on April 2nd, 2012.

Premium processing

Yet to receive the receipt.

Hey ashman2012, In how days is the receipt usually sent?

Thanks for starting this thread...This will be a nice thread to track new H-1B applications...Just read an update on Murhty's homepage that 23K applications were already received by April 4th, 2012....Boy, are they filling fast this year.

New Application - F-1 to H-1B

Applied on April 2nd, 2012.

Premium processing

Yet to receive the receipt.

Hey ashman2012, In how days is the receipt usually sent?

Not sure since many application reached on the same day....

in my case we paid for the premium processing but check is still not deducted from account....

what about u ?

I don't know about the check being credited...But still haven't received the Receipt.

I saw a post of someone who applied in premium processing in April 2009, He got the receipt in 8 calendar days. And that was in 2009, when the number of H-1Bs filed was considerably lesser during the first few days.

@ All who replied here:

please update this thread if:

1. your lawyer receives your receipt number via email.

OR

2. Premium processing check is deducted from your account.

like me, I am assuming all your packets reached on 04/02, which means its already 7 calender days for USICS. They only have time till next Tuesday I guess, else I am assuming its free for us :)

@

I don't know about the check being credited...But still haven't received the Receipt.

I saw a post of someone who applied in premium processing in April 2009, He got the receipt in 8 calendar days. And that was in 2009, when the number of H-1Bs filed was considerably lesser during the first few days.

Yup that was me! I think the approvals should start trickling in either late this week or maybe next week base don my experience.

update from uscis.gov

http : / /www. uscis. gov /portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=cec8f9d386796310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

USCIS Continues to Accept FY 2013 H-1B Petitions

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced it continues to accept H-1B nonimmigrant petitions that are subject to the fiscal year (FY) 2013 cap. The agency began accepting these petitions on April 2, 2012.

USCIS has received approximately 17,400 H-1B petitions counting toward the 65,000 cap, and approximately 8,200 petitions toward the 20,000 cap exemption for individuals with advanced degrees.

USCIS will provide regular updates on the processing of FY 2013 H-1B petitions. These updates and helpful filing information can be found at USCIS’s website highlighting the H-1B program. Should USCIS receive the number of petitions needed to meet the cap, it will issue an update advising the public that the FY 2013 H-1B cap has been met as of a certain date, known as the “final receipt date.” The date USCIS informs the public that the cap has been reached may differ from the actual final receipt date.

If necessary, USCIS may randomly select the number of petitions received on the final receipt date that will be considered for final inclusion within the cap. The agency will reject petitions subject to the cap that are not selected, as well as those received after the final receipt date. Whether a petition is received by the final receipt date will be based on the date USCIS physically receives the properly filed petition, not the date that the petition is postmarked.

Cases for premium processing (faster processing of certain employment-based petitions and applications) of H-1B petitions filed during an initial five-day filing window are undergoing a 15-day processing period that began April 9. For all other H-1B petitions filed for premium processing, the processing period begins on the date that the properly filed petition is physically received at the correct USCIS Service Center.

Meanwhile, petitions filed by employers who are exempt from the cap, as well as petitions filed on behalf of current H-1B workers who have been counted previously against the cap within the past six years, will not count toward the cap.

U.S.businesses use the H-1B program to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise. Such workers include scientists, engineers, and computer programmers, among others.

For more information on USCIS and its programs,

Cases for premium processing (faster processing of certain employment-based petitions and applications) of H-1B petitions filed during an initial five-day filing window are undergoing a 15-day processing period that began April 9. For all other H-1B petitions filed for premium processing, the processing period begins on the date that the properly filed petition is physically received at the correct USCIS Service Center.

Bummer...Have to wait for one more week now...

@Tar53...How did u check ur online status if you haven't received ur receipt?

tar53 : Did you recieve your LIN Number reciept?? How many days did it take?

For those who are wondering what is LIN:

The first three letters indicate the USCIS service center which is processing the petition, as follows:

- EAC - Vermont Service Center;

- WAC - California Service Center;

- LIN - Nebraska Service Center; and

- SRC - Texas Service Center.

Guys,

My case is H1B transfer, following are details

Initial regular processing receipt date: Jan 20th 2012

Upgraded to premium processing: Apr 2nd 2012

Status changed to approved: Apr 9th 2012

After upgrading to premium processing I didn't received any new receipt and as well my check for premium processing was not credited yet.

Guys,

My case is H1B transfer, following are details

Initial regular processing receipt date: Jan 20th 2012

Upgraded to premium processing: Apr 2nd 2012

Status changed to approved: Apr 9th 2012

After upgrading to premium processing I didn't received any new receipt and as well my check for premium processing was not credited yet.

Thanks for the reply tar53 and removing any kind of confusion. we are trying to discuss and gather information about "H-1B Processing time for New application (FY: 2013)"

@ All who replied here:

please update this thread if:

1. your lawyer receives your receipt number via email.

OR

2. Premium processing check is deducted from your account.

like me, I am assuming all your packets reached on 04/02, which means its already 7 calender days for USICS. They only have time till next Tuesday I guess, else I am assuming its free for us :)

Got my H1-B receipt today...

Applied on April 2nd

Masters quota

Premium processing

Filed at california service center.

Got my H1-B receipt today...

Applied on April 2nd

Masters quota

Premium processing

Filed at california service center.

2 Questions for Sharingaan and SPUSA:

1. If you paid for your own Premium Processing, check is already applied in your account ?
  2. How you came to know about the receipt number ? your lawyer received and informed you guys ?

2 Questions for Sharingaan and SPUSA:

1. If you paid for your own Premium Processing, check is already applied in your account ?
  2. How you came to know about the receipt number ? your lawyer received and informed you guys ?

Company paid

Lawyer notified the receipt number

Case approved on 12 april

center CA

good luck to all...

SPUSA

Archived