Expedite a family based green card for sibling?

Hello,

I know a family where the sister has been a US Citizen for over 20 years. She sponsored her brother from India for a green card 4 years ago. I-130 is approved with a priority date is around Dec 2008. With the current statistics, it will take around 8 more years at least for the priority date to be come current.

Due to some medical conditions of the brother, they want to put in an expedite request to USCIS. Now, they have researched and gone through the criteria for an expedite request on the USCIS website.

Here are the open questions:

1. Can the primary sponsor (sister in this case) file the expedite request herself?

2. Will employing an attorney help in creating a strong case to appeal the expedite request? In other words, is it advisable to approach an attorney to do this?

3. In addition, to that I also read that reaching out to a local congressman will help. Does it? If yes, what is usually the procedure to approach the congressman?

4. How likely or unlikely is it that USCIS will even consider the appeal? This question is for the Murthy lawyers especially to see if this is even worth a shot? Or it's just money down the drain?

5. IF USCIS denies the expedite request, will this have any negative impact in the regular processing of the case?

Thank you for your inputs.

Sincerely,

sc29.

Joe,

If there is nothing to expedite why does USCIS have this information?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I have not disclosed any details due to the identity of the family. Thank you for pointing out that there are doctors in other countries as well. They certainly did not think of it.

Joe,

If there is nothing to expedite why does USCIS have this information?

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

That doesn't apply in your case.

I have not disclosed any details due to the identity of the family. Thank you for pointing out that there are doctors in other countries as well. They certainly did not think of it.

You mentioned "Due to some medical conditions of the brother".

That's what I based my answer on.

There is no way to expedite this. Period. End of story.

And I suggest you drop the attitude.

And finally, who would pay for the medical treatment? That is very expensive in the US.

Is the family independently wealthy? If so, why don't they spend the little money to talk with an immigration lawyer???

As you can see, it is very easy to punch gaping holes into your story. That's what you get with your unwarranted arrogance...

The bottom line: It is not possible to expedite the GC. Period. End of story.

• 8 years later...
On 4/7/2012 at 12:04 PM, JoeF said:

And finally, who would pay for the medical treatment? That is very expensive in the US.

Is the family independently wealthy? If so, why don't they spend the little money to talk with an immigration lawyer???

As you can see, it is very easy to punch gaping holes into your story. That's what you get with your unwarranted arrogance...

The bottom line: It is not possible to expedite the GC. Period. End of story.

You are a sick individual.