Administrative Processing in Calgary

karthik555

Hey Karthik

I got the administrative processing white paper on March 27th (last Tuesday). The lady told me the "Visa was approved" but Admin Processing was needed. She said to expect 2-4 weeks. But the letter itself says it could be months. I am OK with the accommodation as I have relatives here but its already been a week away from work and not sure how long before it causes friction at work.

Karthik,

Don't worry I have been through this just last month. It took exact 2 weeks and 1 day for consulate to complete the process. Did the Visa officer told you the reason ? and also told you how much time will be needed ? the VO told me at the time of first interview that it will take 2-3 weeks. They usually complete the process in the time they mention. Do you work in non-IT field ? Advanced degree from the US ?

@vaibhav : Vo havnt told anything about the time line. SHe just returned my passport and kept all the other documents.

I have a masters degree in US ,working in IT field.

all the questions asked were general questions

how long r u with the compnay?

wher do u live?

who does u r supervisor leave?

how often do u conatct him?

highest degree?

specialization?

i was approved on march 27 and was said my visa is approved and have some problem from their side and will take 2-3days for my paspsort. Till now no update.. Nearly 2 weeks. I was not given 221g.. i got the regular traking slip. Dont know what is going on.. They hav my passport with them.

Vaibh, thanks for the encouraging words. The VO told me that it would take 2-4 weeks. 2 weeks will be up tomorrow, I will start waiting anxiously from then on.

Waiting Ottawa: The paper that she gave me (and Karthik too I believe) was just an Informative White sheet printout with information on Administrative processing and a checklist of additional documents (none of which were checked as nothing else was needed.) Also, they returned our passports and said they will ask for them again when the visa is ready. Since they kept your passport, I think you are in a better position than us. According to the notice posted at the Calgary embassy, they keep your passport for about 7-10 days when they are ready to put the visa in it. The good thing is that, at least for you, the wait should be much shorter than Administrative Processing. They will probably keep my passport for additional 7-10 days after I get the request email.

On a more philosophical note: even though I knew there was a chance I might get stuck in Admin Processing, it is more frustrating than I anticipated. Not sure how someone goes through months of wait time.

Guys I have recieved an administrative processing too as the latest LCA was missing from my documentation, my employer emailed me but by the time i recieved , it was late. I am going to go back and submit the documentation tomorrow . Did any one of you had missing documentation , if yes , how late would it be to get an approved visa ?

@Bolderdam ---- EC Model

\

@Bond -- Tuesday they said administrative processing because LCA is missing , Wednesday - they said the visa is approved ( no questions asked ) as soon i have given my LCA , i am still waiting for my passport , I have my flight to india this friday night 9:30 , officer said i should be recieving it by friday or by Monday .. it it's monday i am screwed..

@Bolderdam ---- EC Model

\

@Bond -- Tuesday they said administrative processing because LCA is missing , Wednesday - they said the visa is approved ( no questions asked ) as soon i have given my LCA , i am still waiting for my passport , I have my flight to india this friday night 9:30 , officer said i should be recieving it by friday or by Monday .. it it's monday i am screwed..

Hey,

Can you email me your phone number or email id to bond11qq @ gmail . com. I am also in calgary with admin processing...we can probably meet if you dont mind.

Archived