H1B got "reaffirmed" by USCIS. Next steps?

H1B_Reaffirmed

Hello @krisc2499 / @Ashukla,

I am also in the same situation....

Had my first stamping in August 2011.. after 2 221g and the review process I have got the reaffirm for approval now...

Now My employer is saying I might need the client letter form the same client for whom I worked in US last year...

So what is your situation..

Did you people get the client letter while going for restamping?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I attended interview at Hyderabad, got 221g send back to USCIS for reapproval, I got reapproval on Feb 2012. I got reaffirmed approval to my employer and I emailed a scanned copy to consulate. Till date I was not called up for re interview. VFS says Consulate kept saying back that there is no update in PIMS database once its available then they will get back. Its almost 3 months after reaffirmation. Even my case status in not available on line

Please suggest until when should wait? Can I walk in with my 221G to consulate? Will new appointment help in my case?

I saw successfull case for webteck what is EVVC model??

@

H1B_reaffirmed_Nointerview

Even Mine is similar case I got reapproval in Feb 2012. after recevine the new I-797 for reapproval I emailed to the VFS HelpLine. They checked with the Chennai US Consolate and have asked to come to the consolate on any weekday with all the related documents.

Mine is a EVC Model Employment( Emplyer -vendor - Client). I too am not sure if I visit consolate with out a End Client letter, I will get approval or not.. so I have not yet visited the Consolate...

By the Way EVVC Model means Employer- Vendor- vendor- Client.. Its really tough to get approval when we have vendor in bet'n your client and Employer.

Hope this gives you some info..

@H1B_reaffirmed_Nointerview: I am in the similar situation too. Mine was reaffirmed on Jan 30 2012 and am waiting for the consulate call for reinterview since then. In this time I have contacted consulate through VFS at least 5-6 times but all the time am getting the same reply saying the reaffirmation status needs to be updated in PIMS. Can you send your contact details to abczyx000@gmail.com? We can be in touch.

@itsme.oops1 I would suggest you to give it a try. Try to carry a letter from vendor saying when you come to USA with a valid visa, we have no problem renewing your contract. Even if you don't get that letter, try it anyways. Some people got their stamping without having a new client letter. I have a friend who got it in that manner. If consulate really needs a new client letter they will ask you anyway in the interview. It is better to give up at that point when compare to not giving it a try. Anyways please update us as your case progresses.

One more good news follows!!!

A little about my case:

I work in a EVVC model.

In Jan 2011 was my first interview, when my case was sent back to USCIS for revocation stating loss of control by the employer.

However it got reaffirmed on Jan 20, 2012,

and then after numerous emails being sent to VFS, on April 20, 2012 I got an email from US Consulate that can attend a re-interview on any business day.

Heres how the interview went: (It was the same VO who had interviewed me before)

Questions:

Does your employer still have a position for you?

Are you working for the same client?

(These were the only questions asked)

And then the golden words:

Your Visa is approved and your Passport will be couriered to you within 2 Business days.

Thanks everybody for posting their experiences in this forum. It has been a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

My H1B petition was reaffirmed by USCIS on 28th March 2012. Just to give you a brief overview of my case - I am a full time employee of a small product based company. New Delhi consulate issued 221(g) green slip on 6th May 2011 asking for more documents, subsequently got standard letter of rejection from the consulate in July 2011. Since then the case was under USCIS review. My employer recieved I-797 with the same Receipt# on 28th March 2012. I have already emailed the New Delhi consulate regarding this as well. Waiting for there response.

Please guide me regarding the next steps from here to get my HIb stamped. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello H1B_Reaffirmed,

I am in the same boat as yours. I got my H1B petition in November 2011; but still havent received any response from Mumbai Consulate to submit my passport for Stamping.

Can you please please please guide me as to what to do ??

When I give a call to Mumbai Consulate; all they respond is to wait for my BARCODE to appear on the site.

IS it so ?? Can i go for stamping with Reaffirmed petition. Please guide me since its been 6 months since the reaffirmed petition.

Thanks in advance,

Discovery14

• 2 weeks later...

Hello H1B_Reaffirmed,

I am in the same boat as yours. I got my H1B petition in November 2011; but still havent received any response from Mumbai Consulate to submit my passport for Stamping.

Can you please please please guide me as to what to do ??

When I give a call to Mumbai Consulate; all they respond is to wait for my BARCODE to appear on the site.

IS it so ?? Can i go for stamping with Reaffirmed petition. Please guide me since its been 6 months since the reaffirmed petition.

Thanks in advance,

Discovery14

Hi Discovery14,

6 months is a long wait time after reaffirmation. Usual wait time is 3 months or less. Keep contacting VFS(I contacted VFS) or Mumbai Consulate.

VFS kept on saying we have forwarded this query to the Consulate,

I finally emailed them its been 3 months now, and I havent heard anything else from you(VFS).

Then they finally asked me to come for the interview and sent me an email stating the same.

I dont think you would be allowed inside the consulate, just with the reaffirmed petition.

• 2 weeks later...

@Saxobeat,

When you replied Yes to both Questions: Does your employer still have a position for you.?

and Will you be working for the same client?

Did he ask for any proof like PO( Purchase Order) or Client Letter?

Did you employer give any documentation to support that you will be working for same client?

Please do reply anyone if you have faced such question and how did you reply for this?

@Saxobeat,

When you replied Yes to both Questions: Does your employer still have a position for you.?

and Will you be working for the same client?

Did he ask for any proof like PO( Purchase Order) or Client Letter?

Did you employer give any documentation to support that you will be working for same client?

Please do reply anyone if you have faced such question and how did you reply for this?

Hi,

No documents were asked from me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Petition was returned to USCIS and was approved and got my Visa stamped yesterday

My Journey of EVC model

1st interview on Dec 2011 and got a 221 G

Submitted documents on 3rd Jan 2012

Received a letter that my petition was returned to USCIS on 28th Jan 2012

USCIS approved the petition on 27th Feb 2012

Received the i-797C original on 27th Mar 2012

Since then following with VFS and DOL nothing till 20 July2012 got an email to attend for an interview at Mumbai Consulate.

Attended the interview with the Client Letter, Vendor Letter, Employer letter and other documents.

waited for 2 hours for my turn at the consulate and the interviewer asked just one question if I had the client letter,

showed him that and he said your visa is approved you will get passport in 3 working days.

• 2 months later...

Actually I have got a 221g at ottawa and today they called me back and said that they have revoke my H1B as there is inaccurate info so sent to USCIS for further review .CAn anyone please tell me how long does it gonna take for reaffirmation to get email from uscis ?Is there any way to follow up?what is the next step i can do?Can anyone please give their email id who has the same situation and got reaffirmation and succefully stamped .This would be a great help if some one can suggest me on this.

• 2 months later...

I am in a EVC model , In March 30th 2012 I atteneded the interview for my h1 stamping , I received a 221g and my case was sent back to USCIS , I recived a call this week from the state embassy stating that my case has been reaffirmed and they want me to attend the interview again .It took 10 months to get reaffirmation on my case . while this happened, I joined the Vendor company in India to support the same client on the same project (my petitioner not involved ).

I know that I would be asked about the current dated client letter when I attend the interview again for my reaffirmed case and I am planning to carry one. My questions is

Q) Can I disclose to the Visa officer that I am currently supporting the same client from India in US hours and they would want me to come to USA and support from their ? Will this help or make things worse .

The reason I want to disclose this is because , If the VO validates with my client about my employment . My client might say , I am currently working with them and they need my services at onsite location.To be on the safer side I want to disclose this .

Q) Also , In case if I don’t get the client letter , will an email from the client or the vendor with their phone numbers indicating that they still have an opening for me in their project , will do ?

Please let me know , I have an interview next week . Your quick response greatly appreciated .

• 1 month later...

1) Which Consulate? Mumbai

2) Are working remotely all this time? No

3) What did you carry to the interview? (new client/vendor/employment letter and what else?) Offer letter from employer.(No documents were asked)

@saxobeat: What is the format of the Offer Letter from your employer after re-affirmation. Can u provide the summary of offer letter ?

Archived