H1B got "reaffirmed" by USCIS. Next steps?

H1B_Reaffirmed

Hi Folks,

My H1B petition was reaffirmed by USCIS on 28th March 2012. Just to give you a brief overview of my case - I am a full time employee of a small product based company. New Delhi consulate issued 221(g) green slip on 6th May 2011 asking for more documents, subsequently got standard letter of rejection from the consulate in July 2011. Since then the case was under USCIS review. My employer recieved I-797 with the same Receipt# on 28th March 2012. I have already emailed the New Delhi consulate regarding this as well. Waiting for there response.

Please guide me regarding the next steps from here to get my HIb stamped. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wait for ND VO's reply, if you don't hear back personally go and inquire.

Next step is to re-appear for another interview, they may either issue you a visa or issue a 221g and/or again send it back for usces review.

Thank you hmaster. I haven't heard back from VO yet. Would you suggest going to the VFS or ND consulate to inquire? I do not think consulate would entertain personal inquiries without an appointment.

Hi Folks,

My H1B petition was reaffirmed by USCIS on 28th March 2012. Just to give you a brief overview of my case - I am a full time employee of a small product based company. New Delhi consulate issued 221(g) green slip on 6th May 2011 asking for more documents, subsequently got standard letter of rejection from the consulate in July 2011. Since then the case was under USCIS review. My employer recieved I-797 with the same Receipt# on 28th March 2012. I have already emailed the New Delhi consulate regarding this as well. Waiting for there response.

Please guide me regarding the next steps from here to get my HIb stamped. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Full time from a Product based company:

How many people are there in your company and what kind of docs they demanded ?

I got an email from New Delhi Consulate to come with re-afffirmed petition and 221g letter on any working day @ 8 AM. If anybody already went to ND embassy for a re-interview please share your experience or if you are planning to go please let me know, we can co-ordinate and discuss few things before the interview. In case you want to drop me an email, my address is : h1b_help@yahoo.com.

Mine is a full time position, neither EC nor EVC. And yes, I am working remotely.

'H1B_Reaffirmed'

I am also a full time employee for small company 40-50 size. I got 221g on 25 april 2011(chennai consulate). My case sent back to USCIS on 27 Dec 2011. Still waiting for their decision. Can you tell me what is your service center? CA or Vermont?

H1B Reaffirmed,

DId USCIS asked your client if they still needs you before getting reaffirmed?

My case also went to USCIS for reconsideration. No one is sure how long it takes for USCIS to respond. What if i don't have job at the point when USCIS wants to reaffirm?

Thanks,

Krishna.

If they reaffirm don't just go for stamping without a job (client contract) else you will reenter the same loop (i.e. 221g/case sent back again). Reaffirmation is positive sign (i.e. now there is no bad mark) - Solution: Find a new contract file for amendment, get client letter, go for stamping with new approved amendment. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Stamped after re-affirmation at HYD

Project Model: EVVC

Visa: H1B (came to india for stamping)

Timeline:

1. Oct 2011 - First Interview/ Appt and got 221G
  2. Late Oct/Early Nov - Submitted documents requested in 221G
  3. Nov 2011 Ending - Denial with recommendation to revoke
  4. Feb 2012 - Re-affirm status in USCIS
  5. March 2012 - Emp receives physical re-affirm copy and email sent to VFS/Consulate regarding same
  6. April 2012 - Re-interview and approval, passport with stamp received

Some questions asked -

1. Who is your manager at Client's place?
  2. Who assigns you work on a day-to-day basis?
  3. How do you stay in touch with your employer?
  4. Who does your appraisals?
  5. How do they do it - how do they know what your doing?
  6. Do you use proprietary tools?
  7. Does your employer provide any tools to you?
  8. What product does your firm make?
  9. Spell the name of place/person/company.

Same questions were asked in the first and second interview. My answers in the first interview were interpreted to indicate loss of control (between beneficiary and petitioner). In my answers in the second interview, I clarified this was not the case.

My suggestion is that your documentation and response should clearly indicate that your employer is controlling you and not any vendor/client.

But at the end of the day, it is the assesment of the visa officer and your luck

Thanks,

-wt

Stamped after re-affirmation at HYD

Project Model: EVVC

Visa: H1B (came to india for stamping)

Timeline:

1. Oct 2011 - First Interview/ Appt and got 221G
  2. Late Oct/Early Nov - Submitted documents requested in 221G
  3. Nov 2011 Ending - Denial with recommendation to revoke
  4. Feb 2012 - Re-affirm status in USCIS
  5. March 2012 - Emp receives physical re-affirm copy and email sent to VFS/Consulate regarding same
  6. April 2012 - Re-interview and approval, passport with stamp received

Some questions asked -

1. Who is your manager at Client's place?
  2. Who assigns you work on a day-to-day basis?
  3. How do you stay in touch with your employer?
  4. Who does your appraisals?
  5. How do they do it - how do they know what your doing?
  6. Do you use proprietary tools?
  7. Does your employer provide any tools to you?
  8. What product does your firm make?
  9. Spell the name of place/person/company.

Same questions were asked in the first and second interview. My answers in the first interview were interpreted to indicate loss of control (between beneficiary and petitioner). In my answers in the second interview, I clarified this was not the case.

My suggestion is that your documentation and response should clearly indicate that your employer is controlling you and not any vendor/client.

But at the end of the day, it is the assesment of the visa officer and your luck

Thanks,

-wt

congrats and really stamping over EVVC model from hyderabad is definately a good sign for so may future aspirants. and most of all thanks for sharing the detailed info as most of the people never showed up once they gone through.

@webtech= just a quick a question, it seems that your petition got reaffirmed in 3 months. did you tried any thing or followed up with USCIS once your case was sent back. The reason I am asking this there are some people including me who waited months over months. So please let us know if you or your employer did any kind of followup or any other initiative to make this happen in 3 months.

Thanks

Congratulations WebTech.

I know one of my friend also got his stamping done last week in Mumbai with EVC model nearly after 15 months of wait time, of course after reaffirmation in Dec 2011. His interview was a cake walk, just went for not more than 2 mins. Just simple questions were asked.Things are seeming to be getting a little bit better. It's a very good news for lot of guys.

I have couple of questions for you. It would be great if you could answer them.

1) Were you working remotely all the time during this gap?

2) Did VO asked whether you still have the project?

3) What kind of answers you gave to the E-E related questions to convince the officer?

Have a safe trip.

Archived