Proof of Work Experience

anishtulsian

Two of my previous three employers don't exist anymore. Either they have been acquired by another company or went bankrupt. So, I cannot get a letter from them as a proof of my work experience to file Labor/I-140/whereever applicable. But I am in touch with my managers in those companies.

1. Can I get an affidavit from my managers as a proof of my work?

2. One of the managers had a concern that he would be contacted by Labor/I-140 decision making authorities and he was kind of reluctant because it is an immigration matter. Do you know what kind of questions they ask if they really contact your managers/professional references?

Generally, in lieu of experience letters the Beneficiary of a PERM application can document prior experience with secondary evidence such as a self affidavit, colleague affidavits, pay statements, W-2s, offer letters, resignation letters, etc. It is possible USCIS will contact those writing affidavits on your behalf to confirm the letters are authentic. If you have additional questions, it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

Archived