Need urgent help

rasheed1011

Hi,

Here is my case.

I was with company A for 3.6 yrs and they filed for my labor and got my I-140 approved with priority date in Nov 2007. Due to unavoidable circumstances I had to change my employer to Company B and I am still with Company B. during this course of time company A is acquired by Company C.

Now the issue is... I have to make a decision , which way to go...

1. If I want to file my GC with Company B then it may take at least 6-8 months for labor to get approve and to port I-140 priority date and there are very good chances that priority date may not move till Nov 2007 for a long time. Which will further delay getting my GC.

2. Company C is ready to file for my I-485 as long as I am going to work for them once I have my GC approved. In this my question is, since the name of the company which filed for my labor and I-140 has changed from A to C due to acquisition.... Will they need to file amendment of I-140?

If yes ... Then any idea how long will it take to get amended. Also can amendment of I-140 and filing of I-485 be done concurrently?

Please advice which is better option that I can follow and why?

Thanks

I would love to go with company B but it will take at least 6-8 months for I140 approval and it will be issue if dates retrogress. With company C icanapply for ammendment and 485 concurrently. That way even if dates retrogress I can have EAD in hand.

Do u thing applying for fresh labor and porting priority date for 140 will take longer or amendment of i140 will take longer in normal circumstances.

I would love to go with company B but it will take at least 6-8 months for I140 approval and it will be issue if dates retrogress. With company C icanapply for ammendment and 485 concurrently. That way even if dates retrogress I can have EAD in hand.

Do u thing applying for fresh labor and porting priority date for 140 will take longer or amendment of i140 will take longer in normal circumstances.

Well, your petition with A wil still not be approved until the dates go current again. I think, you are selling out for a piece of plastic (actually, you are selling out for 6-8 months wait for a piece of plastic). If so, just be honest with yourself, and don't ask to have your career back - you sold it.

Archived