Can start a consulting company on EAD?

itsforbabu

• 2 weeks later...

Yes It is possible to start your own company and hire people while you are on EAD too. You can do it even if you are on H1B visa also. Only restriction will be "you can not work for your own company". You should continue working for your GC sponsoring employer till you receive your GC.

dude why do u want to get into the mess of a consuting company.

considering the amount of site visits uscis is doing these days,its really hard to maintain one without issues.

if things get screwed reagrding paying employees and not following h1b rules even though minor will land u into deep s**t.

thats my suggestion. keep urself safe until u get a GC.atleast u wont be kicked out showing some weird reason on 485.

Are you sure about they can cancel my EAD status, even if I was going to have issues with the employees and stuff? If I were to apply for an EAD renewal and by that time if I had issues even with IRS I thought they don't reject EAD renewals or throw me out and I just have to face those issues just like a GC holder does. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. I am sure people say why risk just be safe. But that is still not clear to stop going forward unless there is a clear reasoning how EAD renewals are related to issues with company in future.

u can work fulltime with employer and part time with any company on ead.

Yes, but running your own company, as the OP wants to do, is more than a fulltime job by itself.

Doing that and working fulltime for his employer is pretty much impossible.

Hey JoeF, are you seriously expecting me to explain you how I am going to do 2 jobs here?

Yes.

This is not burger-flipping, after all.

It is mentally pretty much impossible to work two full-time jobs on the level we are talking about here.

Dont spoil my question loop here, I am still looking for an answer here.

I am asking the important questions. It is telling that you don't like that.

I suggest answering my questions instead of trying to weasel your way around it.

So, how are you going to work two full-time jobs???

Expecting your answer...

itsforbabu - lets not get into your ability of working 2 jobs together. We'll assume you have the talent and the energy like an IB.

Nobody can work two full-time jobs on the level we are talking about.

This is not burger-flipping.

And the OP is not super-human. Everybody needs to eat, sleep, etc. With two full-time jobs, there are simply not enough hours in the day.

May I suggest you learn about physics???

now, I have a question! Since you mentioned you want to open a consulting company and hire people to work for you. Do you even know what's going on here? there's a Visa stamping section under Work Visas...just go there and read. maybe you'll reliaze that its not easy to open a consulting company and have people work under you on h1b.

That's the second point I haven't even gotten to, because the OP didn't even want to answer my first question...

Starting a consulting company is pretty much the worst idea to come up with in today's H1 climate...

It is obvious that the OP hasn't thought any of this through. His reaction to my first question already showed that...

And it only gets worse, since he obviously has no clue about the consulting business and the challenges of getting H1s for a consulting business...

I am again saying this. It is possible for me to handle a consulting company by still doing my present job. That my problem. Don't worry about that. If you can answer my question, do so, otherwise don't spoil my loop here.

If I start a company on EAD and say I am going to have issues with my employees someway or other in future, or other issues with IRS etc. In such a case an EAD holder would be dealing with such issues just like a GC holder or will he be facing issues because of this while EAD renewal? Obviously a GC holder won't be deported for such issues and he will be allowed to deal with those.

I am again saying this. It is possible for me to handle a consulting company by still doing my present job.

No, it is not.

You obviously have no idea what it takes to run a company. That's already more than a normal full-time job.

And then your additional full-time job with your employer...

Really, educate yourself.

Ok I am not sure if people are here to divert the topics than answering questions...Question is simple. How exactly is EAD different to GC, to run a company? Ofcourse an EAD holder can't do S-corp and will need to continue working for existing employer and stuff like that. What else is different for EAD holder? When I say a GC holder can't get deported, it means comparing with an EAD holder. Someone in this loop said EAD holder can have issues with EAD renewal and asked to wait until I get GC, and didn't mention what exactly is that and how is the same thing not a problem for GC holder. My attitude is simple, answer to straight question and not ask me unrelated questions like how I am going to run a company and stuff. As I said running a company while doing a job is my problem, leave it to me and don't expect me to put my strategy in this forum. So answer my question if you can, otherwise keep away.

Hey JoeF, how is answering your question about how I am going to do a job while running a company is related to answering my question? If you don't know something, that doesn't mean no one else knows it. And more over that doesn't mean you can call others with attitude if they don't care to answer your unrelated question.

You haven't done your homework. Your "business" is bound to fail. If you want to find out the hard way, go ahead...

Running a business is very hard work. It takes all your waking time. You would know that if you actually had done your homework.

• 1 month later...

Hey JoeF, if you can't answer my questions, doesn't mean that you can start cursing me. I found out some leads and sharing with you. Understand that and vanish from here, if you can't answer my questions. I came across a friend who has been on EAD for last 4 years and he even renewed it recently. He started a company being on EAD and he has been making profits too. He works in a project and gets paid through his present employer. And the same team he managed to sign 3 more in his own company and hired 10 people to work on it. It is my decision to descide to whether to tell you all this or not. So If I haven't told you before, you started cursing me. So you know what is ur attitude, better keep away.

Sigh. I answered your question.

So, you "came across a friend"... Quite a friend, if you didn't even bother to contact him and ask him until after you posted here...

Yet another sign of you being clue resistant.

Archived