221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

Hi All I am in the Same Boat. Here is my case

My visa interview on OCTBER 13T 2011 HYD consulate. EVC Model. VO Explained me abt employer and Employee relationship and 221 (g).

On Jan 27 USCIS updated that my visa is reaffirmed. On June 15 2012 HYD consulate asked me to attend the interview. Mean while I lost my Project.When I went for the interview I had no Project . I was in DUBAI when I was called for interview in Hyd.

The VO took the email I got from consulate and my Employer and Client Letter and confirmed my Email Address.

VO said I will be receiving a questionnaire in email which i need to respond to at earliest and was keeping my passport.

I requested VO to give me back my passport as I had to travel back to Dubai.

VO said that I need to send my passport through courrier when consulate requires it.

I answered questionnaire and waiting for an email from Consulate.

I dont know what should be done next.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@glad2000: She got passport with visa...

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice.

Yes you all should have patience, hope and faith in god. I wish you all...get your visa pretty soon.

Hey can anyone suggest any agents/website for cheap airfares to US, as I have to plan to bring her back next week?

Finally I am very happy, I can meet her after 4 months :)

Visa and Sathys, as informed earlier the mail which I got from VFS was not a denial notice, looks like one more 221G has been slapped on my head along with my old one. I will try to put the message in this blog. I am not sure what I need to do now, can someone point out a few options please?

I am sharing my experience

Working with small Desi consultancy (17 Employees). EC model.

1’st interview Date : Dec 8, 2011 ( Kolkata.)

The VO asked EE related questions. She issued me 221(G) Orange slip.

Received Refusal letter (Dated Jan 12, 2012) on Feb 3, 2012.

Same Employer filled a new petition in premium process, which was approved on 27, Feb, 2012.

2’d interview Date: March 22, 2012 (Chennai)

The VO issued me 221(G) Blue slip with (AAP) checked. VO didn’t discuss anything about my previous interview. No EE related questions. During the 8 minutes interview, most of the time he was looking in his system. He took only the client letter and returned back the other documents (I 797, I 129, LCA) with passport. No other documents are asked.

Client received the questioner from USCIS on April 2’d week.

Received call from VFS Chennai on June 22, 2012 to collect my documents.

Another blue slip asking to submit my passport with (I 797, I 129, LCA).

Submitted the passport on June 25, 2012 and waiting for the update.

@VisaBlues

I have no update yet.... Yes you are correct, your case is similar to Tenny2012 but yours and mine are going through longer route, may be like H1B221GHelp case. It should be going thorough one more round of processing, but we should get positive response since it takes so much time.

Today I got a reply still pending.Not sure what they are trying to verify .They have not contacted anyone for verification yet

"As per the US Consulate, Your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

"

@VisaBlues

I did got the same kind of pending response today, they just globally send same message to all status requests:(

There are some cases in which they don't contact client, we don't know what they actually do. Mostly USCIS/DHS decides what kind of review they want to do and update consulate with what they actually verify, so you don't have to worry. Just that they are going through AP loop so it takes time to get update

@sathys01 I called the consulate today and I was told they are waiting on reply from USCIS.Does this indicate my case is sent to uscis for review after rejection?.My attorney said its not that the entire case sent back ,they are verifying some facts of the informaton.I guess these days USCIS is taking long time for anything due to lot of new H1B petetions in USA.

@VisaBlues

For what question she answered like this? Did you asked her pending on what/what kind of process going on?

As for as we have seen, they utilize USCIS/DHS to do verification which will complete by 3 months. USCIS is not taking much time compared to Chennai consulate. Even though they ask USCIS to do verification, consulate helpdesk will not tell us like this so I am surprised to hear this.

@VisaBlues

USCIS will do their verification in one or two days and it will be reasonable, when consulate wait for USCIS response and you have reasonable client chances to get approval are high just the delay is too much. In which instance they do client verification(now it is going on in your case) may be depending on the review officer, in my case it was completed in first round itself(most cases). Since we passed 5 months and still have client, I don't think they will delay more than this, hope for the best.

About the helpdesk she always partially passes information, I am not sure we can trust her or not but better then knwoing nothing about the case.

Hi, Here is my experiance.

Attended for H1b (EVC) and H4 (wife) on March 14th at HYD consulate and most of the questions are E-E related and gave me 221g White sheet with ticked AAP. after 3 days we received our passports with another white slip same aap ticked. so far no responce from consulate.

called so many times DOS until last month they said its still under review. Last week DOS says the case is with consulate and please reach them.

when i asked the consulate (HYD VFS), last week i received email from them below pasted.

"As per the US Consulate, The Consulate General is required to perform additional administrative processing on many cases before it can make a final determination regarding visa issuance. Sometimes processing is as short as two weeks, sometimes it takes many months to complete. Unfortunately, a specific time frame for the completion of administrative processing cannot be given, as it varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. The Consulate General is aware on how frustrating these delays can be for applicants and do their best to perform the work as quickly as possible."

forgot another thing , they contacted my client after a week , once i attended for stamping.

Hoping for the best!.

Archived