221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

To all,

I am like 3 months plus (ie 90days plus) in this 221G issue and I am yet to get a reply from them. Also, I am not working remotely too, I wish I could do that. I know an incidence in which a friend of mine was given 221g and he did work from Chennai, it did not have an impact on any proceedings further.

I send an email to the Embassy folks on Wednesday, got an ack from VFS on Thursday and I am yet to get a reply from them also.

Altogether its a really bad time.

I would say that the Chennai embassy is taking a lot of time in resolving this issue, does anyone have a counter argument for the same?

Please post daily updates so that we can all be kept in the loop. The question is would it get resolved in 100-110 days?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@vaddy224

My interview date was Jan 30th, expecting to receive still... From my review many folks got it approved ~110 days, plus or minus 5 days is good buffer. Let's wait and see, in my case client and employer verification happend 2 months ago. Since she asked you to email, I would say they should have done some kind of verfication(which you didn't know) and they should verify the details. But they take their own time to do it.

@visablues, no client/employer has not been contacted at all. I am not sure whether Admin Processing would do that. Via the Senator's aide I made a check and confirmed whether my H1B looks good and all. She confirmed to me that it looks good, not sure what i should do at this point of time.

I contacted VFS today and asked them abt my email, they ack'ed that they did receive an email from my side and they will post a response to me as and when they have a reply from Chennai Consulate.

My client/employer has not received any email/contacts from USCIS or DOS, is that a problem? I did speak to my manager on Sunday and he told me that he did not get any contact from the same.

My friend did have a 221g in the month of June 2011 and he got it resolved in 45 days, I think that is a considerable time taking into account the fact that we are way past that amnt of time.

Has anyone after Jan15th has their 221G Admin processing approved? In this we know of 2 cases Jan9 and Jan 11, whose 221G was approved. But after that none of us has any good news, is that due to Chennai consulate handling this issue?

Just now I sent an email to VFS(same ID) but today I got automated response which is un usual. Do you guys used to get it?

Yesterday when called consulate she said it is still in pending and she did mentioned that they have limitation on number of cases to process in a day when I asked why it is pending always.

@Visablues,

Your are absolutely true. VFS is not helping, if we email them, they are replying with same standard message, without contacting Consulate. I have email twice, i got same reply.

I even tried to call consulate. after dailing number and 2120. My call was hangup not connecting to anyone.

Still waiting, no updates as of now.

@All It seems Chennai consulate is not all processing the Pending cases from my observation,since the last 2 months I saw in March around 10-15 cases processed at a time within 10 days, after that only 1-2 cases I saw having been processed successfully.However last 4 months from my observations thru forums there were no rejections from Chennai Consulate altough few approvals.Can someone let me know if my observation is correct.Did any one see any rejections during last 4 months?

@VisaBlues

you are correct, no rejection noticed but they take so much time to process. I think now it is MAY vacation so they should be having staffing problem also. In some other forum I saw people saying they sent so many cases to USCIS and USCIS will reaffirm in a day and return them back to consulate, USCIS is kind of fed up with reaffirmation for unnecessary reason.

@H1b221Ghelp try calling 044 - 28574142 at ~9.30 AM. this is direct number and same person will receive the call.

Friends,

After 3.5 moths of receiving my 221(g) for AAP I get an email from Chennai consulate. Does anybody know what this is for ? Dont know why they are sending this message after it is already in AAP for 3.5 months.

This office is unable to act on your visa application at this time, as it requires additional processing. Further action on your case has been suspended under Section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act. No action on your part is required unless expressly stated from the Consular Officer.

Kindly send us the following information immediately to initiate the administrative processing.

Your professional background as follows:

Duration Designation ... etc

Your academic background as follows:

Year of passing etc

List of previous passports you held

Details of all your brothers and sisters:

List of countries you ever travelled to

Please be advised: in most cases, additional processing takes approximately twelve weeks. You may check the status of your case on the Chennai Consulate’s website. If more than 90 days have elapsed, you may send an email with your case number and “(90 days elapsed)” included in the subject line.

Thank You VisaBlues. It look like the Chennai Consulate is taking an average 3+ months time. So I believe most of you should hopefully get a response soon. Mine seems to be like a pink slip now. I am able to see my case in pdf doc on their website. I have a question about filling the below entry in my form. Do I have to list all the companies I have worked for as I have done in my DS-160 ?

Your professional background as follows:

Duration : From (mm/yyyy) To (mm/yyyy)

Designation :

Organization :

Place of work (city/state)

Hi,

Glad2000, I am very happy for you man. I assume that Visablues has given you the right info and you are all set to get your Visa in a few days time. Visablues, thanks for the quick update. I totally appreciate it.

a) What exactly does this AAP, mean? Visablues could you please explain this for me and for the general benefit?

b) Sathys, if I am correct you had ur interview on jan 30th rt? Did u get any intimation of the same?

@vaddy

Mine was on Jan30th, employer/client verfication completed, PIMS verification completed and they said further processing for some time and then verification, after that the status came back to pending AAP for last two weeks. I haven't got any update yet, I don't know what it is pending on:( I did not receive anything like this.

@Glad2000

Congrats, let's hope for best:) Even for security check you have almost completed 4 months which is too bad, they intentionally want to hold us for no reason:(

Was your client contact anytime during last three months?

I have been noticing that consulate stopped issuing 221g for EER and started to do personal/security check now a days.

My Employer was not contacted. I am not sure if the client was contacted. The client is on vacation since last week. We had informed them months ago that the consulate could contact them but I dont think they were contacted. I think my case was not about EE relationship. The documents they requested were related to employer(tax returns, unemployment wage reports etc) and I was not asked about EE relationship in the interview.

@vaddy224 AAP or AP doenst make any much difference both mean Administrative process only.If any documents are required they give Green Slip with AP.otherwise if they have all the documents they need in PIMS database they whould mostly give AAP checked with no documents requred.Based on the documents provided to consulate or based on their mood they may go on to further verification at employer/client.If they find any misintepretations they may deny visa otherwise issue visa.But wierd thing is they dont even open our cases until 2-3 months i guess otherwise its just a matter of 1-2 days for visa issuance.This info is to my best of knowladge

@glad2000 is this your first time stamping?.Do you have a common muslim name as i assuming since you got pink slip?.Also can yoy share your interview experience?

This is not my first time stamping. I had gon for stamping in mexico back in 2007 but different company.

My last stamping was in 2010 Dec for current company(Chennai Consulate). It went through admin processing but got response in a couple of weeks and client was contacted. The current stamping was extension for same company. I had to go again since my 6yrs of H1 was over and I am getting yearly extensions.

Intreview Date 20 Dec 2011-- I was asked who the client was and my job details, LCA and client letter. I received a blue form asking company details(State Unemp wage,tax docs etc), DS -160, PPT, 797, Docs submitted to USCIS with the petiion.

Jan 1st - week submitted the docs

Feb 1st - week received another blue 221g mentioning AAP and PPT returned

2 days ago - received email as mentioned earlier

I do not have any common muslim name not do I work in any sensitive technology. My job title is SW Eng I was surprised that I got it.

Visablues, thanks a lot for the info.

Sathys, may I ask you to color of the slip which you got? I got a green one with box ticked as "The Visa will be send to USCIS for further processing..."some words like that. Did u the same? Sathy's any happy news from your side.

Has anyone got the one which I got? if so, please respond back. I would appreciate it.

@glad2000

Since you don't have I140 approved even after 6 years, they should be doing personal, etc.,

@vaddy224

Mine was Blue color slip with AAP checked on it(first option) with a case number. The question were related to EER and they had me sign the paper(similar to others in EER). Employer and Client contacted and from 11th of May there is no update in my case, before that they had been doing some processing. I am still waiting for update.

Archived