221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same Case here

H1B visa Interview: Feb17th

Got a green slip, telling that Administrative Processing On.

I am still waiting for the Visa.

Mine is a EVVC model, no bench time, everything is perfect. I guess the only thing that I can do now is to wait till the visa gets approved.

Hi,

I did speak to the Senator's aide for Immigration and I was told that the Admin processing will take at least 3 months. Infact she told me that she anticipates that for me going on close to 2 months, the Admin processing should be over anytime by now. She told me that the in Admin processing, the I797 will be send to Dept Of State. They will do their own intelligence and will respond back. Is this true?

Hi,

I did speak to the Senator's aide for Immigration and I was told that the Admin processing will take at least 3 months. Infact she told me that she anticipates that for me going on close to 2 months, the Admin processing should be over anytime by now. She told me that the in Admin processing, the I797 will be send to Dept Of State. They will do their own intelligence and will respond back. Is this true?

Hi vaddy,

How did you contact your senator/congressman ? Did you use their website ? My admin processing has been running for 2.5 months now. Did you contact the senator/congressman from the area of the client site or the sate of the employer ?

Good Luck

Hi,

I did contact the aide of Senator/CongressMen. She is a very sweet lady. She regularly responds to my emails and phone calls, she is out of station this week though. I dont think that they can do much help though, I am suspicious about it, When I gave her my h1B details she contacted the DOS and told me that everything is fine from my end and their end. All we have to do is to remain calm and cool, even though I have traveled to almost all degrees of frustration. It is fairly sure that once you have a 221G, you will be stuck in India from atleast 2 months, I am now on 2 months and 10 days. I am still waiting though. My interview was on 17th and Swati's, I believe was on 16th, so me and he/she might be getting a response fairly close to each other. Swati, can you please respond back?

PermAudit: Jan 9th Interview

March 24th 2012 recieves doc back---so ie 2 months and 15 days, 10 weeks.

Maverick33: Interview Date : Jan-11-2012 at chennai consulate

March-27-2012--recieves doc back---so ie 2 months and 15 days, 10 weeks

Looking at the above 2 cases, I think that the 10 weeks seems to be the

average case time. Or Say 70-90 days seems to be the case time for

Administrative processing. My friend who got 221G got his docs back in like 7+ weeks

or 50 days. But that was not for Admin Processing.

From all these I believe that Admin processing would take like 10 weeks and other

sections of 221G looks fairly easy.

Anyone is open to reply to my posts that we will have an understanding of whether

my theory is correct or not. Please post the needed suggestions.

Hi,

I did contact the aide of Senator/CongressMen. She is a very sweet lady. She regularly responds to my emails and phone calls, she is out of station this week though. I dont think that they can do much help though, I am suspicious about it, When I gave her my h1B details she contacted the DOS and told me that everything is fine from my end and their end. All we have to do is to remain calm and cool, even though I have traveled to almost all degrees of frustration. It is fairly sure that once you have a 221G, you will be stuck in India from atleast 2 months, I am now on 2 months and 10 days. I am still waiting though. My interview was on 17th and Swati's, I believe was on 16th, so me and he/she might be getting a response fairly close to each other. Swati, can you please respond back?

Thanks for your reply. I will try to contact my congressman eventhough it may not help. My Employer does not understand the process and keeps asking what could be done. 11 weeks have been completed since I received ppt back with blue AAP form. I received it on Feb 09. Hope your theory is correct and we should all have a resolution soon.

Glad2000, nice to see ur reply. Since you recieved the packet on Feb09, you should be getting the info ahead of me. Looking at the timelines, I am rt now on 2 months and 15 days. Let us pray that this thing will come soon and we can all get relief. I would appreciate if you guys could regularly post updates in this forum.

Fingers crossed and Praying...

A quick question to everyone. Does the 221G Admin processing takes much lesser time if we had gone to Canada or Mexico? People are getting their passports at a much faster time span than us, this is the feeling I got by reading some other blogs. Can anyone please respond to this question? I would appreciate it.

Hello,

I received a mail from Chennai consulate on Apr 30th with a blue form asking to submit passport.

I have submitted my passport on may 1st. But still now haven't received it yet. Vfs passport status says "your passport is in process at US consulate"

Does it take more than 7 working days? Do i need to worry? Any one faced same situation?

Hi,

Visa Blues, I have not recieved any emails at all. My Interview was on Feb 17th, Visablues, when was your interview?

H1B221Ghelp, can you please tell your case? In the present scenario, I would say that we should be worried abt anything. Last time when I did my stamping, it took like a week+2 days to return my passport with successful stamping. Pray, ie the only thing we can do right now.

Please provide any updates on this forum, this forum was really helpful. Swati and Visablue, let us hope that we are almost there.

Prayer and Hope will help us reach there.

I got the below reply today,earlier I was used to get the case in Mandatory Admin Processing and not Admin processing.Dont know what the change is.

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

I got the below reply today,earlier I was used to get the case in Mandatory Admin Processing and not Admin processing.Dont know what the change is.

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview.

"In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview" means that the consulate is trying to contact your client, vendor and may be your employer too.

I have received such reply and my client and vendor has been contacted. They have been asked about E-E and the duration of project.

Try give an heads up to your client and vendor.

Hope this helps!

Archived