221g Blue Second time for Passport Submission BUT the Admin Processing Continues

nitrohaze

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i checked the vfs status today....

Your passport with ref no. xxxxxx is ready for delivery by courier except H.A.L.You may also collect it Today from the VFS Chennai centre between 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

and this is what in tracking number.

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennaibetween 1600-1700 hours.

Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport.

If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier.

i am assuming passport is mailed...i will update status later...take care and good luck guys

yup I have the exact status as aryank2000. I am not sure if they have already couriered the passport. I told the VFS official while submitting passport, specifically to hold my passport so that I can collect in person. I will go first hour in the morning to VFS chennai on Monday. Hopefully I can collect it from there.....

@All I sent an inquiry to consulate and below was the reply,any idea what would Mandatory Admin processing mean? Is Admin and Mandatory Admin processing or Add Admin processing same?

"As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information."

@VisaBlues, I got the exact same reply 2 weeks back from VFS and I was also wondering the meaning of Mandatory Admin Process. I went through some forums and people say that the Mandatory admin process is nothing but the regular admin process. Not sure if both are same. Could you please let me know when was your interview?

Thank you

@mavrick33 and @aryank2000 - Congratulations!! Did you get the passport back with Visa's issued? I am still waiting for my status to be updated. I called up the VFS Helpline and got the same reply that its under process at the US Consulate and would get a call/sms from VFS once they get it.

@VisaBlues - Whats yous status?

@permaudit 7 weeks of wait completed ,still no update yet.I got the above reply for my inquiry,can you please let me know what this mean?

@Visablues - I am guessing its the reqular admin processing that they do. Everytime, a different person from the VFS reply, and they have their own text format for the reply. I guess its just that. I was thinking that you have submitted your passport already, didnt you?

@everyone - I was issued the visa, and I flew over the weekend and am back to work today. Thanks to everyone in the forum who have been supportive by keeping the hope alive. Wishing you all the best for your status too. Please do message me if you need any information.

Thank you!!

Hi All,

I wanted to share my case details here,

I attended interview at chennai consulate on Feb 6th 2012, interview was normal with all questions regarding joing dates , reporting details etc. I work for a small company with 60 employees on fulltime basis. I explained to the VO that I am a fulltime employee but he was asking about my companies revenue details and where we get the money from. I explaied it to him but I did not have any letters with me other that my employers.

At the end he told me you visa will come in mail. I was very happy until I got my passport with a Green Slip. They asked for all the documents from the petitioner. and pay slips from my self.

I submitted all the documents on March 5th and I am waiting since then.

Archived