Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Visa Stamp outside of Home Country

Recommended Posts

Hello! Everybody

I am from India. I was in Germany when I got my First H1B visa in 2005 and came to USA in 2006.

In 2008 I went to Mexico to get my H1b Extension Visa. so I never been to india for visa

I am again due for my Visa,Can I go to Canada or Mexico. ? and get it done.

Is there any rule that I should go to my home country only because I never got the visa from Home country?(India)

please let me know if you have any idea about this Rule.



Share this post

Link to post

There is no rule as one must go to home country for stamping.

But dont come to India for stamping, hundreds of people got 221g and visa rejected. Go to Canada vancouver or ottawa.

Share this post

Link to post

NO SINCE ITS AN extension you can go to mexico or canada... but if there is any change of status from one visa to another like F1--> H1 THEN U CANT GO TO MEXICO

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this