12 March Ottawa -221g white form - EVC

custar

Not many questions asked. (7th year extension, Had to chang from FT to EVC)

1. Where are you from ? So you live in US..

2. Who is your preferred Vendor. Do you have the letter from them

3. Who is your end client. What do they do? Glanced the client letter

4. Do you have your 129 filing documents and latest Paystubs

He took everything and said Here's what we have to do we need some more time to review your application. Unfortunately i cannot give you any time on how long it will take.

Client was contacted by email within the half hour of the interview. Employer-Employee relationship based questions.

Client manager had responded immediately thinking i was still in the interview. There were some answers that she had no idea on how to answer and did say that she was the one who is responsible/control/provides me work :(

The damage was done with the best intentions to help. Now have to wait and see how it unfolds...

Here are the questions the Client manager got: Might help you/others to give a template to your client manager before hand:

The U.S. Embassy Ottawa occasionally contacts petitioners and client companies involved with Non-Immigrant visa petitions in order to verify that information presented to the U.S. Consulate is accurate and valid. Please note that the H1B petition was filed by XXXX I would greatly appreciate if you would answer the following questions:

Applicant: XXXXXX

Who (you/preferred vendor/petitioner) supervises the applicant, and is such supervision off-site or on-site?

1.) If the supervision is off-site and performed by the petitioner, how does the petitioner maintain such supervision i.e. weekly calls, reporting to the main office routinely, or site visits by the petitioner?

2.) Who has the right to control the work of the applicant on a day-to-day basis if such control is required?

3.) Who determines the direction of the project?

4.) Who determines the applicant’s daily activities?

5.) Who provides the tools or instrumentalities for the applicant to perform the duties of employment?

6.) Who hires, pays, and has the ability to fire the applicant?

7.) Who claims the beneficiary for tax purposes?

ANY ONE WHO SUBMITTED THE PASSPORT AT OTTAWA EMBASSY ON FRIDAY OR THURSDAY 3/15 or 3/16 AND HAVENT GOT THE WAYBILL NUMBER YET??? i was on 221g got approval on last thursday - submitted passport on Friday at 9AM and still havent got the waybill tracking info..

I had my interview on March 27 in Ottawa. They gave me 221g blue. They did not ask me any additional documents or information. They simply told me that they will inform me via email. I am staying in Ottawa and waiting. I don't know how long this process will take and I have to stay in Canada. I only have one week visitor visa left in Canada. Please advise me what should I do and when i can expect the approval email from US embassy. Thanks so much in advance!

I had my interview on March 27 in Ottawa. They gave me 221g blue. They did not ask me any additional documents or information. They simply told me that they will inform me via email. I am staying in Ottawa and waiting. I don't know how long this process will take and I have to stay in Canada. I only have one week visitor visa left in Canada. Please advise me what should I do and when i can expect the approval email from US embassy. Thanks so much in advance!

whats you email?

If I were you- I will travel outside Canada and get your visa for Canada extended. You don't want to take the risk of overstaying in Canada. There is a chance the US consulate may email you within a week- but not worth taking the chance of overstay in Canada.

Furkan,

I am in similar situation, send me an email

email.systems@yahoo.com

If I were you- I will travel outside Canada and get your visa for Canada extended. You don't want to take the risk of overstaying in Canada. There is a chance the US consulate may email you within a week- but not worth taking the chance of overstay in Canada.

Do you have any information about the grace days. if it is couple of days overstay would that be fine or would that be problem. if they have grace days then how many grace days they have for not getting in trouble for staying after date expired?

Archived