DHS site visit to client location

rjbalaji79

Hi,

I got my H1B approved recently till Oct 2014. An DHS officer visited me @ client location and asked me below questions.

Employer

Employment start date

Salary

Reporting mechanism

In the overall discussion, I have concerns about the below.

-Salary i said is above the H1 B wage

-EVC model reporting

After 15 days, he spoke to my employer and asked almost the same questions.

My Question is, anybody here faced the same situation that a DHS officer spoke to you and the employer as well. It kind of alarms me a bit about NOIR.

I can't change the employer since i filed my GC with him. I have EAD/AP as well. Experts, pls advise.

Salary above H1b wage shouldnt be a problem. I hope you answered the officers question honestly. They have enuf information on you to detect issues and asking employer is a way of crosschecking. if you and employer does not have anything to hide, there shouldnt be any issues.

• 2 months later...

Last week USCIS visited my previous client location and they didn't find me in the location because my project finished in Dec 2011. When I was with the Client A, they gave me a client letter for my H1B renewal and I got my H1B renewed till 2014. The USCIS officer had called my employer over the phone and asked him about my where about. My employer send him all the details by email and the Inception Officer called me over my office phone and asked me the many questions (H1B employer verification has been picked for a random verification. He asked me, who I work for, what is my salary how often I get paid any additional perks or bonuses? which medical administrator is the employer is given etc )

He also asked me how I got this job and did I paid any fees for H1B? he also asked me my current address which he already know and my previous address and also where my family is staying in a different state

My employer and my location are the same place and the LCA is the same location but different from the client A. He also asked me to send him copy DL, W2, Two recent pay stubs, work appraisals, highest graduate diplomas, work id etc.

I am sure my employer didn't amended my H1B with the new location when I finished and moved to the current location which is my employer itself because he send the new LCA when the USCIS officer have called him. When I asked my employer about the amentment, he said to wait to get a new project to amended the h1B with new LCA?

I am worried and I need advice and if I can do something to avoid getting notices of intent to revoke H1B (NOIR) shall I tell my employer to amended the H1B? or should I wait to hear from the USCIS.

I am going to process my PERM does this impact my EAD/AP/GC ?

Appreciate your advice.

Archived