Step by Step Procedure to get H1B Visa Stamping in Canada

TMR

I'm planning to go for stamping in canada ..Plz help me what is the Step by Step Procedure

thanks in advance

Start with applying for a Canada visitor Visa:

Docs for Canadian Visa:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

If you are going in person no need for "Use of a representative" form.

Usually mail drop off takes from 10 -20 days.

Checklist is kind of helpful.

150USD for multiple entry or 75 USD for single entry Visa. MO or Cashier check payable to "Consulate General of Consulate".

No personal checks

2 Photographs.

Original Passport

Copy of the immigration document, latest is enough.

Preferred to include:

Recent Pay Stubs

1 or 2 W2 forms.

Next complete the DS 160 form:

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

This youtube video could help:

By this time you should have a confirmation number from DS 160 (You need to start creating but no need to complete the application.)

After that create an account on:

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Then to pay the fee, try scheduling an appointment and the subsequent screens should guide you through the fee payment process. Fee payment is accepted by credit card and also by PayPal.

Once done, have faith, confidence, guts, blessings and all that hard but tough stuff. Crack the interview and enjoy your stay in the USA.

Hahahahah

All the very best.

Thanks Kashyap... nice piece of work.

Help me out with a Question related to DS-160.

I have already submitted DS-160 for Vancouver Embassy but just saw that the earliest available to that consulate is 85 days from now.

Now, How would i be able to take appointment for Ottawa when i have already submitted DS-160 for Vancouver.

Harsh Chauhan

harshchauhan24x7@gmail.com

• 2 years later...

I came across this post. Basically, I am planning to go to Canada for h1b stamping from US. Currently, I am filling out the form for Canada Visa as a visitor. I completed the questionnaire and I answered no for are you visiting anybody in Canada or know anyone living. Now, while filing out the forms on the checklist it says to provide the travel purpose such as letter from folks, meeting invites or something like that.

Not sure what can I provide in that case or is it mandatory? I could contact some friends there to provide me letter, not sure what would be a good approach here. Also, do I need to attach my travel itinerary? I would have to buy tickets for that I guess? I am planning to fill out DS160 apt letter after I get the Canada visa approved since, it might take a while.

Also, another question do I need to attend visa interview for Canada after filling out the forms? I know this forum is for US immigration queries and Canada might be different but any advice or experience would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Kashyap... nice piece of work.

Help me out with a Question related to DS-160.

I have already submitted DS-160 for Vancouver Embassy but just saw that the earliest available to that consulate is 85 days from now.

Now, How would i be able to take appointment for Ottawa when i have already submitted DS-160 for Vancouver.

Harsh Chauhan

harshchauhan24x7@gmail.com

Hi Harsh could you please share how did it go for you. I am also planning for Vancouver. I haven't fill out the DS160 yet, any advices would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived