All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DontWorryBeHappy

Is Hyd Consulate stopped approving H1-B Visas?

I have been actively following Murthy forums for the last 2-3 months. At least according to this forum, I haven't seen any successful visa stampings happened in Hyderabad. Where can we find information regarding how many visas have been applied and how many are put in AAP and how many are approved (by consulate wise)?

But seeing many visa stampings successfully happening in Canada consulates. Just now heard from a friend that he got his visa in Vancuvor. Belive me that guy is in EVVVVC model. The questions asked to him are

1) Where is the client location? He told the city name when the consular asked him the address. Later CO took the papers and got to know about address

2) Where is your PO? He didn't had one.

3) Do you have Client letter? No, He had vendor letter. When he gave that CO didn't even looked at it.Then CO told your Visa is approved.

Don't know why consulates in India are only behaving mercilessly with the applicants...

when was ur friends's intw ? the trend has changed in recent days . many have got 221gs at vancouver and ottawa is worst these days .. they giving 221g these days and later rejecting with no proper reason at ottawa..

A week back, but his H1-B is expiring this October. He got Visa till October. This is his first time H1 and earlier he entered US on L1-B. Yeah, the trend is changing but at least we are seeing couple of approvals in Canada where as in Hyd if you are a consultant it is ZERO. Sometimes I feel that why did they put a new consulate in Hyd in the first place, just to reject left and right.

Yes it's only when "rejected" one really feels the need to follow forums closely i.e. participate, post and comment. Once approved, ppl usually get back to their normal business, generally far away from forums. :)

So I agree, it could be hard to get to learn about approved cases....

just think how many ppl would come and post thier exp, if their stamping was sucessful. most ones come here if they got rejected!

Totally agree.... I know few ppl who got successfully stamped in the first go and they dont even know about this forum. So there u go...

I agree people run away from forums once they get their visa. It's normal human tendency. But there are some people who would like to contribute to the forum from which they learned a lot from others experiences.

We have been seeing couple of wonderful people like JoeF who are contributing everyday to the forum with no self interests. I am just naming JoeF as an example but there are many such people.

But my point is I haven't seen a single H1-B approval for consultants(EC/EVC/EVVC) in Hyd consulate in the last 3-4 months. Before that, to be frank, I don't even know there is a forum like this exists until I got 221(g) in November.

But we are seeing approvals for consultants in Canada. I don't think all the people who are going to Hyd are BAD contributors to the forum and all the people who are going to Canada are GOOD contributors.

Experts says Consulate Shopping doesn't work as everything is centralized. Common Sense says it works. I regret for not giving it a try in Canada.

@sg1010 Do you know any consultants who got approved in Hyd and they didn't posted their experiences here?

All,

I am not sure about the issuance of visa directly at the time of interview but I have seen couple of people who were stuck in 221g blue for 3-6 months have been issued visa during last month of february. I am one of those who received their visa last month. I was issued visa almost after 5.5 months from the date of interview and now I am back in USA.

It is really frustrating and mentally draining to wait without any update from consulate. Please be optimistic and pray for each other. Hopefully everybody waiting for their visa will hear the good news soon.

All,

I am not sure about the issuance of visa directly at the time of interview but I have seen couple of people who were stuck in 221g blue for 3-6 months have been issued visa during last month of february. I am one of those who received their visa last month. I was issued visa almost after 5.5 months from the date of interview and now I am back in USA.

It is really frustrating and mentally draining to wait without any update from consulate. Please be optimistic and pray for each other. Hopefully everybody waiting for their visa will hear the good news soon.

Congrats rasheed1011

I have been waiting for almost 6 months now, submitted the documents to the hyd consulate twice, but still no luck :(

I just hope that I get the visa soon