need help on i485 RFE

sanven18

Today i saw the status updated online for my case. It said a notice of RFE was dispatched today. As everyone i am bit tensed....is this something to really worry about or is it part of the process. What precautions should i take while submitting whatever they are asking for in RFE? How much time i will have to submit the information they are asking for?

how i will come to know if what i submitted satisfied their requirement?

how much this will delay my GC process?

i know this depends case by case, but based on your experience what are the common things that get asked for in an RFE.

any thoughts and suggestions are greatly welcome and appreciated.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP. THANKS

Today i saw the status updated online for my case. It said a notice of RFE was dispatched today. As everyone i am bit tensed....is this something to really worry about or is it part of the process. What precautions should i take while submitting whatever they are asking for in RFE? How much time i will have to submit the information they are asking for?

how i will come to know if what i submitted satisfied their requirement?

how much this will delay my GC process?

i know this depends case by case, but based on your experience what are the common things that get asked for in an RFE.

any thoughts and suggestions are greatly welcome and appreciated.

It all depends. Which Service Center is your petiton being handled. RFE's are common now a days. Most of them are either related the BC or Medical examination.

Was your BC issues within 1 year of your date of birth? If not, did you provide the Affadavits?

RFE's has to be answered within 30 days. In most of the cases, petitions are approved within weeks after USCIS receives your RFE.

If you filed your I-485 through a lawyer, your lawyer will take care of this. But you have to wait till your receive the RFE to see what the USCIS is requesting as additional evidence.

Good luck.

Hm... well, common courtesy and basic logic would dictate that you receive the RFE first, read it, then read it again, and only then come back with questions, assuming you even have them. Given that, the 'ASAP' part rather misses the point.

If it is BC then Original BC should have Birth Registration date & it should be within a year of birth. However, issue date can be today's date. And for safer side, better to submit parents affidavit as well.

thanks for the info. can you please clarify what you mean by parents affidavit. that way i can get that and have it ready....

HI:

yesterday i received RFE notice and they have asked me to submit birth certificate. It also states even if you have already submitted, please resubmit it.

it does not say anything other than that. On that note, i will just send them the BC which is in both my native language and english language. Since it is also in english, my attorney told me it should be fine. If you guys have any suggestions, let me know.

other thing is the RFE notice was sent to me and also to my attorney. My question is should the attorney send the BC? or can i send the BC to uscis? or what happens if both attoreny and i send the BC to USCIS. Since i also received the notice, i was not sure if i should respond? please advise asap.

thanks to all!

Please have you lawyer handle the case. Before you resend the BC make sure all required criteria for BC have been met. Lawyer should have done this already when the BC was sent the first time the application was filed. Whether you send it or lawyer sends it shouldnt matter. Ofcourse sending multiple copies wont make sense. So have your lawyer send it and get the trackign number from him so you know it reached there.

AND Dont worry you will be fine...

Please have you lawyer handle the case. Before you resend the BC make sure all required criteria for BC have been met. Lawyer should have done this already when the BC was sent the first time the application was filed. Whether you send it or lawyer sends it shouldnt matter. Ofcourse sending multiple copies wont make sense. So have your lawyer send it and get the trackign number from him so you know it reached there.

AND Dont worry you will be fine...

THANKS A LOT. THAT WAS VERY ASSURING.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All:

i had submitted my RFE documents and the status changed to response review on 14th March. I have not see any change in status update so far...i am bit concerned because everyone has stated on the forum that after submitting RFE documents, usually decision will come out in weeks time. should i take info pass appointment and find out what is going on there or wait for few more days....please advise.

thanks

@sanven18, Looks like you are worrying too much. since you have done your part by submitting the documents for RFE, and its being only 9 days since your status changed to RESPONSE REVIEW, it might take few days to few weeks. But the way things are moving with TCS you should get response with in a month. Again this is just looking at the responses from members here. Good luck and just relax.

with the announcement that there are no visa numbers available for eb2 india and dates retrogressing to aug 2007 as of march 23rd, is my chance of getting GC is remote or ruled out.

my pd is dec 2007, got RFE ON MARCH 7TH. Status changed to RFE REVIEW ON MARCH 14TH. Status has not been changed since then...will the above ruling affect me or since they already reviewed my application, is it possible that i would have been assigned a visa number.....BELLE PLEASE ADVISE....I feel my dreams are shattered......

with the announcement that there are no visa numbers available for eb2 india and dates retrogressing to aug 2007 as of march 23rd, is my chance of getting GC is remote or ruled out.

my pd is dec 2007, got RFE ON MARCH 7TH. Status changed to RFE REVIEW ON MARCH 14TH. Status has not been changed since then...will the above ruling affect me or since they already reviewed my application, is it possible that i would have been assigned a visa number.....BELLE PLEASE ADVISE....I feel my dreams are shattered......

Your chance of getting a green card are remote? Really? Have you entered the country illegally? Have you been busted for drug use/posession? Have you murdered anybody? No? Well, your chances of getting the green card are better than that of 99% of prospective immigrants out there. I think, you should calm down and take it like a man.

Probably not. What is there to shatter so much. You have waited for so long why not another 5-6 months.

Having EAD is as good as GC.Be sportive.There are many people like you including me.

There is a remote possibility for you according to me since status changed on 14th march. usually they dont update case status online. But think about this way: you have your EAD already; You RFE was an easy one for BC which will easily clear out. So just wait out a few months more worst case and you will be fine. I used to get tensed the same way about GC dreams etc. Honeslty it does not matter any more. My PD was feb 2009 and all of a sudden it became current in feb bulletin when i was not even expecting it to happen. So dont get hung up on these things. Its only a matter of few months worst case OR may be you already are through before march 23 2012.

Archived