Administrative site visit. plz help

phani519

Hi,

I am working on H1B for a well known Indian company.Today an officer from USCIS directly visited me at client location and asked me many details.

1. How long I have been working here.

2. My employer side supervisor

3. My client supervisor

4. Did my employer give any gadgets like mobile or laptop.

5. My current pay

6. My educational qualification.

I told my client supervisor name and he specifically asked if I get work assigned from my client directly or through my employer. I told I get work from my client directly. Also I told the laptop is given by client and my employer has not given me anything.

Later the HR from my employer said I should have not answered it that way.

He said, I should have said that i report to a supervisor from the employer and not client supervisor. Also he told me that I should have told that the laptop is given by employer and not by client. He said that it could result in revoking of the H1B.

Could any one of you please help me if this is going to be an issue. When will I know if everything went fine? In case of revoking should I leave US? or can I get into another company in US? Will it be a direct revoke or will there be anything like an RFE which my employer could respond to? To be on safe side, should I change my employer and get into another company?

Please help me.. I am very scared.

Regards,

RK

i went through the same ordeal and had similar questions and i answered it the same way as you did.i've not heard someone's h1 getting 'revoked' based on this basis.these visits have become very common to almost everyone though they say you are randomly chosen.they don't give you any outcome either.i'd say,relax !

Site visits are becoming common these days. This is also a possible way to check if the employer is following the correct practices. A site visit is more like a random litmus test. Work assignment question is usually the part that determines the employee-employer relationship as well. Your HR's concern is due to that.

Agree with JoeF - Officer who comes to visit you usually has enuf information about you, and it is always good to be straight.

Archived