Anyone received GC after EB3 to EB2 interfiling? How long does it take?

rammy_2005

@May_2004

Can you explain me this point ? You said it took 4 months to get to the CPO stage. I understand you will be counting 4 months from Dec 2011 when your I-140 got approved.

Shouldn't 4 months mean Jan -Feb-March-april ?

Correct me & make me understand , since i am in a similar boat like yours.

EB-140 approved in October 2011 and PD is September 2006. I spend almost 4 month since my EB2 _I140 approval .

Help me !

Dattguru,

MY EB3 PD was Jun 15, 2007 and EB2 140 was approved in Dec frist week. I have called USCIS to open SR in January last week (after 45 days of my 140 approval) and got the CPO mail within 15 days from the day of SR opened.

Let me know if you need any other information.

I really thank to each and everybody in the forum especially Bell, JeoF and others

Thanks,

Sumit

@Dattguru - the number is on the USCIS web site.

Call National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283

You can tell them that you'd like to open a service request ( SR ) for "long processing"

Reason for SR: Pirority date is current and your case is out of the normal processing time - your eb2 priority date of so-and-so.

You need to have all your receipt #'s handy - eb2 I-140 and 485.

Moreover, if your spouse has a pending 485 too, she needs to be present with you while you make the call.

As I had mentioned in one of the earlier posts in this thread, I had opened a SR - I guess that sped up the process and I received the GC in 15 days.

Hope that helps.

Good luck :-)

@ May _2004,

Finally the ONLINE status is showing ,

On March 16, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a SR for "long processing" as suggested. However, I had called up in Feb to check the status on my pending 485 and an SR was opened automatically. So the lady I spoke to told me to call back "four months after Feb 27" since they were "actively processing this case". Is this normal/usual? I asked her if this was "good or bad" and she said it was "good" - I just could not make out what she meant.

Also, I asked if they would work on my spouse's derivative application once they were processing my application and she said that my spouse would have to call them separately to open an SR - again, is that common?

It would be great if someone can shed some light.

Apr 2004 (EB3 PD)

I-140 (EB3) approved in Oct 2006

I-485 filed in Jul 2007

PERM (EB2) approved May 2011

I-140 ((EB2) approved in Feb 2012

Archived