Anyone received GC after EB3 to EB2 interfiling? How long does it take?

rammy_2005

Dear Friends,

I had applied I-485 in the EB3 category in 2006 but decided that it might take for ever to receive my GC so i asked my employer to apply in the EB2 category and they filed my labor and I-140 last year in the EB2 category (Advanced Degree). On 31JAN2012, I got approval on my new I-140 (EB2) category and it shows my old Priority date from 2006. My lawyers have mailed the Interfiling letter on the 14FEB2012.

Now where does my case stand? Is there anything else that needs to be done before my case is looked into by USCIS?

Was anyone in the situation?

Thanks

Rammy

I am in the same (eb3 to eb2) boat.

My details are:

EB3 India - Priority Date May 2004

I485 applied in 2007

EB2 approved in Dec 2011 with a priority date of May 2004.

I485 Current Status: PENDING

It's been 3 months now and I recently opened a service request for "long processing". I have yet to hear back from USCIS regarding the SR.

I have no idea why the 485 approval is taking so long :-(

Good luck to us all :-)

Status - I-485 under EB3 category filed in Aug 2007. ( PD for EB3 is October 2006)

=======================================================================

Restarted EB2 process last year and got I-140 approved on Oct 2011.

Called up USCIS first time to check if my I-485 was linked to the EB2 I-140 approval ?

USCIS Said YES and it will take another 60 days for my I-485 to be approved .

Let's hope for the best and good luck to you !

Like everybody else, I have had finger printing and medicals successfully done in 2007 for I485.

I was wondering - has any EB3 to EB2 applicant been asked by USCIS to do them again?

Question is: Will they ask us to do them again? - I haven't been asked, and am keeping my fingers crossed, that they don't.

Thanks.

Like everybody else, I have had finger printing and medicals successfully done in 2007 for I485.

I was wondering - has any EB3 to EB2 applicant been asked by USCIS to do them again?

Question is: Will they ask us to do them again? - I haven't been asked, and am keeping my fingers crossed, that they don't.

Thanks.

Some were asked. It all depends on whether the USCIS had saved your FPs and just re-ran them periodically to make sure you are not a criminal suspect. By 2007, most centers submitted savable electronic FPs.

Thanks folks. I spoke to USCIS today and gave them the receipt numbers of my 485 (from eb3) and the recently approved 140 (eb2), they said usually it will be taken automatically, but she recorded my request to link them. She did not give me a timeframe, but let's see what happens.

@Dattguru: Your 140 got approved in Oct 2011 an they said 60 days, so don't you have your GC already?

Thanks Belle for your response.

My EB2 I140 retains the EB3's priority date. ( May 2004 ).

Since the EB2 retains the old date, I am assuming that the "Interfiling" was successul.

I put in a SR couple of months ago to attach my approved EB2 I140 to the pending I485.

My EB2 I140 receipt says "Texas Service Center" while the I485 filed in year 2007 is "Nebraska Service Center"

Question:

Since the service centers are different - could that be the reason for the delay in the approval of I485?

If yes, is there anything I could do? I have read in some forums that people have shot out letters to the respective service centers.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks.

Hi

My case is EB3- PD: April 2007 and 485 applied during "Gold Card" rush-07 and ported to EB2 in September 2011 and current since October 2011. The GC is still elusive. Meanwhile myself and my wife got RFE's mail ( still to get them in hand) yesterday . We already did RFE for both of us ( continued Employment for me and some medical doc for my wife in 2009 under EB3). I thought they will process the GC when they take the application again. Bad luck, they put RFE's and sat on it again. Atleast they took and dusted off the applications and that gives comfort. Did anyone get RFE's again after porting EB3 to EB2.

Thanks

Hi

I had an infopass appointment and I asked them if my eb2 will be interfiled with my pending 485 application. The officer told me that I would have to explicitly send a letter to the SC (mine is TSC) and let them know to do this.

He also mentioned that I might have to get the fingerprints again, since the last one (done sometime in Oct 2007) may have expired. Did anyone have to go through getting FPs again?

Apr 2004 (EB3 PD)

I-140 (EB3) approved in Oct 2006

I-485 filed in Jul 2007

EB2 - PERM approved in Jul 2011

I-140 ((EB2) approved in Feb 2012

@trackit - Were you renewing your EAD/AP even though , you might have worked on H1B ? If you renew your EAD , you get a notice for FP .

I filed my I-485 similar to you in Jul 2007 and was called in for the first FP immediately after getting the EAD.

The second time i had to go for FP was when i renewed my EAD. I am still working on H1B and expect the GC to be approved someday even though i have done a EB3 to EB2 porting and my EB2 I-140 was approved on Oct 2011.

I finally got the "CPO" message and email today. The status on USCIS says that I should be getting the card in a week.

My details:

EB3 India - Priority Date May 2004

I485 applied in 2007

EB2 approved in Dec 2011 with a priority date of May 2004.

It took almost four months to get to the "Card Production" stage - no RFE's or fingerprinting as we had the FP done in 2007.

Good luck to all :-)

Cheers.

Archived