My Desi Employer given lawyer demand notice letter after resigning from the desi company.

HelpVisa

Hello All -

I'm on H1 visa . I would like to seek your expert advice on my situation regarding desi employer ******** and they did not payed my salary from Jan 1st 2012 to Fen 10th 2012, even sent lawyer notice.

I have resigned my desi employer on January and given 5weeks notice due to client request and vendor request, after that this week(feb 2nd week) moved to new employer.

After that, I have joined my new employer this week. after 4days, now my previous desi employer sent a lawyer notice to me like " breaking vendor contract ".

What to do?

Here is the hierarchy of my employer with the client

[client] ---- 1 (Level)

|

|

[Main Vendor] ---- 2

|

|

[Vendor] ---- 3

|

|

[My Employer] ---- 4

While leaving the project I've provided 5 weeks notice to the [Vendor] and has performed

Knowledge Transfer to the client and the client has no issues while I was leaving the

project.

Now my previous desi employer sent a lawyer notice saying that "I was broken vendor contract" and even stopped my salary from January 1st 2012 to Feb 10th 2012 and I also have the client approved time-sheets.

Please advise on how I can act on this situation and how to get out from this situation with my payments.

Thanks much!!

Archived