OPT Extension and H1B question????

NainaK

Hi, I am currently on OPT extension working for a client as a consultant through an e-verified firm. My question is if my client files for my H1B in April ( premium) and I get approved can I join the client directly after approval or do I have to wait till my H1-B starts in October to join them.

My client is all ready to apply and take me on board as soon as possible but since they are not e-verified will that be an issue??Can I join them after approval???? Please help.. Thanks in advance.

My OPT extension is gonna expire in Dec 2012. The reason I asked is is there a rule as such where "you have to work for an e-verified company only on opt extension???

If so I would have to work at my client as consultant till october and then become full time after Oct 2012. But if there is no such rule I can join them immediately. So that is why I am asking this question. Thanks in advance for yoru help.

@naina- its true that you have to work for an everified employer while on OPT, but here is your client is ready to file your H1, YES then there is no problem to join and work with him, as your OPT is valid till dec2012 then request a start date of your H1B after your OPT is expiring, it is a feasible thing.

Archived