• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perm applied - 01/26/2012

EB2 category

M.S + 7 yrs experience

Status - Pending ( as usual ).

Porting my case from EB3 to EB2.

EB3 2005 took 2 years for approval.

Filed 140 and 485 in Jul 07 , 140 took another 2 years.

EB3 case is pending almost for 5 years .

I am sure most of us in the same boat .... , i m thinking is it really worth now or just go back to india.

Good luck guys .....

Perm Applied Date: 06 Jan 2012

Perm Filing Category: EB2

Qualifications: Bachelors + 6 years of Experience

Previous Perm Applied Date: 29 Oct 2007

Previous Perm Filing Category: EB3

Previous Perm Approval Status: Approved (10 Dec 2007)

Previous I-140 Status: Filed & Approved.

Good luck and all the best folks. Hope all you guys are going to make it :)

Thanks for the post @user.murthy..... Looks like processing started for the Jan applicants..:)

Perm Applied Date: 13 Feb 2012

Qualifications: MS + 3 years

Previous Perm Applied Date: 22nd April 2008

Previous Perm Approval Status: Approved (10 August 2008)

I am really hoping that my PERM approval comes in before EB2 dates retrogress in May so that I can do a concurrent I-140/I-485 filing...

What do you guys think will my EB2 Perm be approved before May 1st ?

I work for the company CAT which makes all those yellow construction/mining equipment.

Hi User.murthy

Congrats.

Can u please let us know how are you planning to port your previous I140 approval date?

I believe once labor is approved then only I140 date porting can be done. Pls correct me if this is wrong.

Are you planning to file I140/485 together?

Please share if you have any information to decide further process.

I am also in the same boat ( EB3 labor approved PD June 2009, I140 approved, waiting for EB2 Labor approval - filed Feb 2012).

Thanks in advance.

Hi User.murthy

Congrats.

Can u please let us know how are you planning to port your previous I140 approval date?

I believe once labor is approved then only I140 date porting can be done. Pls correct me if this is wrong.

Are you planning to file I140/485 together?

Please share if you have any information to decide further process.

I am also in the same boat ( EB3 labor approved PD June 2009, I140 approved, waiting for EB2 Labor approval - filed Feb 2012).

Thanks in advance.

@immigrant07

Your understanding is totally correct. The priority date of a PERM is always the date when filing happens. However, when I-140 is being filed for the previous A- number would be used and a request to retain earlier Priority Date happens.

As far as my case goes, I'm willing to wait till end of this year for my dates to become current before I file for I-485 as it wouldn't make much of a difference (as it is, hopefully, a matter of few more months for the dates to travel from August to November). There's obviously a possibility of getting onto EAD/AP but personally, I feel, traveling on a H1 is more trouble-free than an AP (as we need to continuosly monitor its expiry and perennial follow up may be required). In the worst case scenario, I may be fighting for immigrant visa numbers with those who may become current later, a chance I'm willing to take.

To cut short, no... I'm not planning to file I-140/I-485 together. But, in your case, my opinion is to file them together if possible. The reason being (I was told) that they do some preliminary processing initially after the filing is done so that when the date become current, it is easier to approve. May be you want to make use of this as (your previous PD) is a full two years away from the published PD.

Good luck...

Cheers

u.m

Hello Friends,

My Labor was applied in Dec 2011, received A-xxxxx-xxxxx number in Jan 2012, and received an audit last week. This is a mid-size consulting company, 50-60 employees's

There are mainly 3 audits here, this is a few pages audit, i am trying to write it down in few lines.

1. DOL is unable to determine if potential US workers have applied for this job. * If received, reason for rejection.

* Provide resumes, date(s) of ther interview, or reason for not being interviewed. * how were the applicants informed about being rejected. If by phone, copy of phone bill, if by email, copy of email etc.

2. Employer must indicate the geographic area of employment with enough specificity to appraise applicants of any travel requirements and where would the applicants likely reside to perform job responsibilities. * documentations showing perm work site locations and periods of employment. etc.

3. Job opportunity is located at Location A (company office) but the foreign worker employer by Company listed address as Location B (current client location). However the employer did not indicate any travel requirements on the ETA Form. provide signed statement indicating travel or telecommuting is required for this job opportunity.

Any suggestions/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Perm Applied Date: 13 Feb 2012

Qualifications: MS + 3 years

Previous Perm Applied Date: 22nd April 2008

Previous Perm Approval Status: Approved (10 August 2008)

I am really hoping that my PERM approval comes in before EB2 dates retrogress in May so that I can do a concurrent I-140/I-485 filing...

What do you guys think will my EB2 Perm be approved before May 1st ?

I work for the company CAT which makes all those yellow construction/mining equipment.

hi illinois_dude

did you get your PERM approval. I am also in the boat with PD Feb 2nd. Are you applying I 140 and 485 concurrenty.

thx

No I am still waiting. Yes I am planning to apply concurrently however I don't think my PERM will be approved before the dates retrogress. I will have to wait till after October 2012..By the way are you porting date from EB3 ? Whats your PD in EB3 ?

yes i am porting. my eb2 PERM submitted on 2nd feb 2012. my eb3 pd is feb 2010.

Archived