All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DontWorryBeHappy

Got Reaffirmation; Waiting for PIMS update; Need advice...

Thanks

DontWorryBeHappy

I have my passport with me as during my first interview then given it back to me.... I am asking for the status every month and they are saying that my case is under admin processing..... what does it mean?

Hi DontWorryBeHappy,

Is there anyway to speed up the return process? I interviewed on Oct 15,2012, and my passport was sent back on Dec 23,2012 along with a letter stating that the consulate sent my petition back for reconsideration. But until now USCIS still claim that they didn't get anything yet. I think my files are sitting in someone's mailbox and no one is touching it!!! (BTW: i am applying for a new O1 visa )

@kkvt Go ahead with O1 visa. There is a no definite time limit for this process and there are no ways of expediting. One of my friend is waiting for more than a year and till now USCIS didn't even receive his case.

@DontWorryBeHappy, Once the petition is returned, are we able to obtain a diplomatic pouch number? It's been more than 1 month and USCIS still claim that they didn't recieve it yet.

BTW: my returned petition is an O1 petition, I cannot apply for H1B since I haven't got my waiver for my J1 yet

@DontWorryBeHappy

my returned case reached USCIS on Feb 25, however, there is no update after 2 months. My lawyer called USCIS and was told that the case has been assigned for review. Please anyone can suggest that how long it still need? Thanks.

BTW:it's strange that neither me or my petitioner got any notice every since the case had been returned. I found my case was back to the US through USCIS website. WHat's going on there?