Got Reaffirmation; Waiting for PIMS update; Need advice...

DontWorryBeHappy

I am creating this thread to track people who got the 221(g) form, refusal mail from Consulate, Case sent back to USCIS and got reaffirmation from USCIS. But waiting for PIMS update. Also people who has already gone through this phase can share their experiences such as how long it took for them for PIMS update, what happened next, Any advise you want to share to avoid future problems etc???

Hi,

I received an e-mail alert from USCIS stating

On December 22, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

I don't have any update after Dec 22 2011.

Little background of my case:

Interview Date: May 17th 2011 (Received 221 (g) Blue form)

Denial Letter Issue Date: Oct 5th 2011

Employment Model: EVC

Reason for Rejection: Employment Verification at End Client.

(Kentucky Consular Center contacted my end client in the month of Aug/Sep 2011 and came to know that I am no longer in their system, and concluded that my client no longer requires my services)

@ arjunmca Here are my case details

Oct 31 2011 - Visa Interview at Hyderabad Consulate, EVC Model, Left & right E-E related questions, 221(g) white form

Nov 3 2011 - Got refusal mail, Case sent back to USCIS for review with possible revocation

Dec 27 2011 - USCIS received the case & started reviewing it

Jan 31 2012 - Employer got Reaffirmation mail from USCIS-Vermont Service Center

It took 3 months for the whole thing. I am just waiting for the reaffirmation status to be updated in PIMS. Then consulate will guide me the next steps. I may need to attend another interview I guess...

• 1 month later...

@All

I am waiting since Jan 31 2012 to get my petitions reaffirmation status to be updated in PIMS. Meanwhile I contacted consulate couple of times and I am getting the same reply as "Until it gets updated in PIMS database, we can't do much". Here is the last reply from VFS.

"As per the US consulate they have forwarded your request to the concern department and PIMS database is still not updated., Until it shows in PIMS, they respond back saying that we are waiting for it show-up in PIMS database. Once it does, they schedule the applicant for a re-interview. "

I am not sure its taking a hell lot of time to be updated in PIMS. Any suggestions how I can speed up PIMS update. FYI my employer received the reaffirmation original document in last week of Jan 2012 but the USCIS case status is still showing as Post Decision Activity - Under review.

"On December 27, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Not sure what to do now? Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am kind of the in the same boat. On March 20, 2012 my employer received the reaffirmation email. We were asked to wait for next communication from Chennai US consulate and we still have not received anything. Even my status on PIMS is not updated...still shows that they received my paper for review on Nov 8th 2011 although the case was verified on March 20, 2012.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi pi2008, Mine got reaffirmed on Jan 31 2012 but still PIMS is not updated yet. It's been 4 months already. These days they don't even bother to respond to mails also. We are planning to involve a Senator now. I would suggest you to have secondary plans instead of just waiting...

@ DontWorryBe Happy: have you got the PIMS updated for your case? If yes, how long did it take? Involving a senator is any help?

I got an e-mail today fro the consulate saying:

"You DO NOT require scheduling another appointment. Please visit the Consulate General any business day at 10.30 am with your pending letter, passport, courier envelope and other documents pertaining to your visa application."

I hope the PIMS has been updated on my case.

Does anyone have any idea if what it means when they say "Pending Letter" ???

@h1stuck A positive news I guess. I think pending letter is nothing but 221(g) letter. Or you can ask the consulate what it is? Good luck and keep us updated. By the way can you post your case details??

Here are my case details:

Went for the stamping interview on 11th January got 221(G)

My case was returned to USCIS on 2nd Feb....

USCIS received my documents on 25th Feb.

My employer received an RFE in the 3rd week of March

My employer responded to that RFE on 9th April

Got it reaffirmed on 21st may

Got an e-mail of a call for re-interview on 18th June.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I have the same case on may 6th 2011 i went to visa interview in calcutta i got 221(g) form and in the month of April 2012 my received a letter from USCIS saying my case has been sent for review and below is the status can any please help me is there anything we can do from our end as per my I797 it is going to expire in Jan 2013.

On April 4, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

There is an update in my case.

It seems my petition reaffirmation status is updated in PIMS database as I got a mail from Consulate to appear for my re-interview yesterday. I am planning to attend in the end of this month. I will update you guys as it progresses.

I need guidance from the people who appeared for re-interview after reaffirmation. Please drop in your advises here. Thanks in advance.

Here are my case details:

Went for the stamping interview on 11th January got 221(G)

My case was returned to USCIS on 2nd Feb....

USCIS received my documents on 25th Feb.

My employer received an RFE in the 3rd week of March

My employer responded to that RFE on 9th April

Got it reaffirmed on 21st may

Got an e-mail of a call for re-interview on 18th June.

h1stuck, Did you attended the interview after reaffirmation? If so, What is the outcome?

• 2 weeks later...

@DontWorryBeHappy thanks for your update and all the best for your re-interview.

I am always checking the USCIS website for the update but i don't see any change in my case as you said if the USCIS website is not updated then how come we know the status do employers get any information or we need to contact anyone please advice me on this......

thanks for your help.

@DontWorryBeHappy thanks for your update and all the best for your re-interview.

Thanks. I attended interview on 24-Aug-2012 and am waiting for the Client verification to be completed. If it goes fine I will get Visa.

I am always checking the USCIS website for the update but i don't see any change in my case as you said if the USCIS website is not updated then how come we know the status do employers get any information or we need to contact anyone please advice me on this......

thanks for your help.

USCIS will inform your employer all the time. They inconsistently updates their website so we can't depend on that. Mine was reaffirmed in end of Jan this year and my employer got reaffirmed I-797 on first week of Feb. But still reaffirmation status is not updated in USCIS site. So it's not reliable.

@

DontWorryBeHapppy Congratulation fo ryour re-interview, I am also in the same boat, I got USCIS approval 3 month back and still didn't got the call from US consulate, in mail they are saying that my passport is under admin processing... can you please guide me the next process.... Please its been 10th month of the whole process... am really frustrated...

@ DontWorryBeHapppy Congratulation fo ryour re-interview, I am also in the same boat, I got USCIS approval 3 month back and still didn't got the call from US consulate, in mail they are saying that my passport is under admin processing... can you please guide me the next process.... Please its been 10th month of the whole process... am really frustrated...

Thanks. You need to be very patient in this 221(g) process.

After reaffirmation, I waited 6.5 months for my re-interview call. Every 2 weeks once I sent a status inquiry mail to consulate. All the time they were replying that my reaffirmation status is not updated in PIMS database. I have seen couple of other guys who got the re-interview call within a month or two. So there is no definite time frame set for these things.

One option you may try is booking an appointment in another consulate and attending re-interview there by taking reaffirmation original and other supporting documents. But you need to prepared to answer the question why you came to this consulate? Also you need to request your Passport back from the first consulate.

Since your Passport is there with the Consulate, you have very good chances and also I don't think they will call you for re-interview. I would suggest you to be patient and wait it out. Keep inquiring status with Consulate, One day you might get the good news.

Archived